Lorex FLIR camera reset with no reset button

Reaction score
Hi.

Lorex sold their home and SMB back to Dahua, which is why I am posting here.

The basic story.

Due to a death in the family, we have taken over a house with a 12 camera Lorex FLIR system.

The Lorex FLIR started locking up, and finally, I couldn't even login.

I bought a Dahua 16 Ch. NVR to replace it.

I then found I couldn't login to 6 of the cameras as the admin password had been changed but not documented. I opened Two up but couldn't find a reset switch.

Further research showed this on the Dahua Wiki.

I have all the camera ND serial numbers.

I contacted Dahua USA, opening a ticket. They seemed responsive and wanted me to call. When I did, the person referred me Lorex, who then referred me back to US Dahua.

The next Dahua Tech rep emailed me Three codes and the first one worked.

I have gone back with the last 5 serial numbers asking for codes, a couple of time, but they are no longer responding.

These are PE133F 4MP, N253EA8 4MP and P143E4S 4MP cameras. Pretty decent and expensive and time consuming to replace.

Anyone have any ideas ?

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If im not mistaken ...and i may be, i think i used a loopback plug on the rj45 with 12v power on the camera to default it. ( PE133F 4MP ) Flir

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
First is it branded Flir or Lorex? With those old cams you have to lower the security on the nvr, it should have prompted when you plugged them in. And yes, they like every electronic appliances have back doors built in. So when you give them camera info with displayed date/time they can generate Temp passwords. You need to change as those will expire at midnight.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My two cameras were branded FLIR. 4MP model PE133F, poe or 12v - I thought i reset 1 of them using a cambium Networks PT250 Reset Switch but i just tried it last night and it didn't reset the camera. I think i read rj45 with pins 1&2 and 3&6 connected together and 12v applied would reset it but it did not.

I have forgotten the password i gave it years ago. I no longer use either of these cameras so it's no big deal.

I also for some reason thought a program called "Check Video IP Scanner" would find and show the pw of some ipc's but no longer have that program although it's easy to downlod.

observant1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
20240229_133936.jpg20240229_133936.jpg

Looks like these two cameras still have the default passwords. I may can use them for something.