Lorex NVR 6100 Time Issues

Reaction score
Fairly new to the IP camera scene, but have been working on networks and security cameras of some type for many years - so here goes!

Purchased the Lorex NVR 6108 with 6 cameras in September, 2019. I have spent the last 4 months trying to fix this issue. The system is stand-alone, but connected to a network of any type (due to my company's network restrictions), so it really should be a simple plug and play setup. I just need the darn date and time stamps to be accurate.

I have tried multiple options, but my date and time changes will not stay current.

I have turned off DST and NTP, but every time I adjust the date, time, and time zone - whether I click OK button or Apply, it will change the date to 01-01-2000 (sometimes 01-01-2034) and the time will revert to 12:00 AM. I can sometimes get the date to hold the current year, but the month, day and time never stay. When I change the time zone, it will change the year, but everything defaults.

Additionally, the cameras will only display 01-01-2000.

I have tried multiple options, like upgrading to recent firmware, changing the settings to work with or without DST adjustments, changing the time zones, leaving NTP on or off, resetting device to factory defaults - nothing works to keep the time current.

I have not found any solutions on the internet, especially on the Lorex website, but I have been scouring the web for weeks now, looking for anyone with similar issues.

Any help would be appreciated!

Reaction score
Hi WoodsRanger,

What solutions did you find to this issue? I've been dealing with something similar on my LNR416 NVR system. Most, but not all, of my cameras will display inaccurate times to our timezone, and as a result, they haven't been recording properly. I've switched around all of the date/time settings I could think of, have restarted Modem/Router and NVR alike, deleted and re-added cameras one at a time... still no resolution. Any insights would be appreciated.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi WoodsRanger,

What solutions did you find to this issue? I've been dealing with something similar on my LNR416 NVR system. Most, but not all, of my cameras will display inaccurate times to our timezone, and as a result, they haven't been recording properly. I've switched around all of the date/time settings I could think of, have restarted Modem/Router and NVR alike, deleted and re-added cameras one at a time... still no resolution. Any insights would be appreciated.
Have you tried this ? ==>> LHV / LNR Series: Incorrect time or time changing automatically on the recorder
In order to use NTP (Network Time Protocol) as mentioned in the link, your NVR will require Internet access.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, TonyR!

Yes, I've tried those steps too. NVR has constant internet access, but whether NTP is on and I manually update the time, or NTP is off, the issue of some timestamps being accurate but not all timestamps being accurate remains.