Lorex pains

Reaction score
I recently did an upgrade with my Lorex NVR. I had the LN10802 8 camera. I upgraded the drive to a 4TB, I loved the thing. Everything worked.
App for windows Lorex Cloud was easy and there was no lag, and no HD resolution issues, PTZ worked for every camera. I have a mixed camera setup of different types and MFG. I also could view at work with the windows app. Everything was great! But no, I wanted to add more cameras so I needed a 16 port. And now I have the new technology N845A62.
After a week of configuring and making changes, I had to call support.
1. The phone app is now going back to the Lorex Home, where as the previous NVR was Lorex Cloud. I got this fixed on my and the wifes phones
2. The PTZ will not work with the Windows App Lorex Cloud. If you click on the PTZ to move it, you will notice it glitches in a direction after a minute, but then it keeps doing that regardless of how many times you try to stop it. You have to go into the phone app to stop it.
3. None of my HD cameras that use to work fine on the old NVR can be sen in HD, you have to click on Sub Steam. If you click on main stream you get no picture. But HD/SD work in the phone app.
4. 2 of my cameras will not connect at all, the NVR sees them, give them an IP but never connects. I even reset the cameras. Forced to Upgrade.
5. There is tons of lag with this NVR. My internet speed is the fastest Xfinity gives residential, just tested and I am at 950 dn, 25 up, so that is plenty fast. and My old NVR had no streaming issues.

I am looking for, and if anyone knows of a secure, reliable camera that has: POE, 4k,day/night, Audio, PTZ 10x or 20x, outdoor, that will work with Lorex, and won't break the bank, I am open for suggestions. I was looking at getting this one. Jennov P87HM85-30X-EAS

Any thoughts, suggestions?
Lorex support will not help in any way unless it is a Lorex camera setup. I can understand that.
I have not messed with any settings under the NVR, PTZ, it is set to default. "PTZType - Remote" I dont want it to break the phone app, since it works

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you purchase cheap no name cams such as the Jennov, expect to have issues.
Stick with Dahua or Hikvision international ver cameras/NVRs.
Me, I would return the Lorex stuff while you can, It doesn't work as advertised, so return it.

As far as a PTZ, this:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Okay....lots of things here. The Lorex Cloud app does not work very well controlling PTZ cameras beyond viewing the picture and the camera movements are slow and glitchy. Make sure all of your cameras are ONVIF compliant which is necessary to work with the NVR. Don't forget you may have to log into the cameras when setting them up on the NVR otherwise the NVR can't access them even if it detects the IP address presence. Your NVR supports both wired and wi-fi cameras, so which ones aren't working?