Lorex W452AS Floodlight cam & other Dahua LincX2PRO devices (L46N Floodlight cam, etc) SD Card method

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I bought a W452AS floodlight. So I figured out on the Dahua WIKI that the Dahua Wifi LincX2PRO line including the L46 floodlight uses the SD card for it's firmware recovery trick instead of TFTP. I have not tried loading the L46N firmware onto the Lorex W452AS yet.

I'm trying to understand ways to find the HWID, the web method listed above doesn't work.

I also need to know how to find the Lorex firmware file or how to back it up off the floodlight to have it in case I need to go back to it. I know the lorex app downloads the updates off their website somewhere but since my cam is up to date, I can't snoop the network to find out where the update comes from!

In the Dahua firmware file there is an install file that looks like a script:
Code:
{
   "Commands" : [
      "burn dhdtb.bin.img dtb",
      "burn kernel.img kernel",
      "burn romfs-x.squashfs.img rootfs",
      "burn pd-x.squashfs.img pd",
      "burn web-x.squashfs.img web",
      "burn firmware-x.squashfs.img firmware",
      "burn dhboot.bin.img U-Boot"
   ],
   "Devices" : [
      [ "IPC-HX3XXX", "1.00" ]
   ],
   "Vendor" : "General"
}
/IPC_RestoreDefault
Problem is I don't know their scripting language enough to know how to change this flashing script to either a HWID reading script or to a firmware backup script. I saw tidbits on here about people using the script files thru TFTP to make a console app on their computer be able to console into the device or to get a log dump.

Can someone let me know if this scripting looks the same as the scripting used in the TFTP cameras. can someone direct me to a post that explains all this scripting and commands stuff! I guess I'm looking for a command that writes the HWID to the SD card.

Is it easier to connect UART to see the HWID or is there another non-UART trick I can use. What about firmware backup from the camera or can I find the Lorex Links somehow!

davidew98

Pulling my weight
Reaction score