loss of flagged clips when upgrading from v4 to v5

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have two v4 blue iris installations and I recently upgraded the "less critical" one to v5 following all the directions to export my v4 settings first, and so forth. Unfortunately I still had a number of problems upgrading including losing my cameras and settings. After numerous attempts and imports, I got the cameras back and some of the settings. I manually configured other things that didn't come back like the users list and the schedules. The one thing that I could not get back was the flagged clips. The v5 upgrade seems to have not picked up the old database (or DB settings) and while the clips were still on my drive, it didn't show that any were flagged. Since it wasn't a mission critical system, I just decided to live with it.

At some point I need to upgrade my mission critical system to v5 but I'm afraid of the issues I had before, especially the loss of flagged clips. Does anyone have any idea if my upgrade results were common, or how to get the flagged clips back, or prevent it from losing them when upgrading to v5?

Thanks for any help you can provide.