Lost Deepstack Alerts after subnet change

JP1200

n3wb
Reaction score
I'll start by saying that I am a complete noob to both Blue Iris and networking.

Here is my current set up:
Blue Iris running on a dedicated desktop with an i5-8500 and 8g RAM
1 Dahua T5442T-ZE and 1 Hikvision 2087G2-LU
Ubiquiti UDM and APs; cameras and BI PC are through a Ubiquiti mangaged POE switch
I am currently on BI version 5.4.7.11 but have also tried the more recent updates.
I have BI set to record "Continuous + Triggered" and have set up the low-res substreams.

I just started working with Blue Iris a couple weeks ago so I initially set up everything under the main LAN so I could learn my way around without extra layers of difficulty. Today I went through and moved the cameras and PC over to my "surveillance" vlan. I have never messed with networks on this level before, but I was able to get the ports and IP addresses figured out well enough. The cameras still record on motion and work correctly, but the deepstack analysis no longer appears on my alerts. All the recent alerts show something like " Motion AB" vs. "Person 90%". I had some trouble with Hikvision dropping frames after the subnet change, but the dahua was pretty seamless. I have not changed any camera or BI settings other than the IP address. I currently have all firewall rules disabled.

I don't really know the proper steps to trouble shoot something like this other than just keep pressing buttons until it works.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Deepstack is ran locally on the computer, so that isn't really the issue.

Are the BI logs showing DeepStack Restarted after motion.

I suspect in maybe turning the computer off and on that DeepStack got corrupt.

JP1200

n3wb
Reaction score
Deepstack is ran locally on the computer, so that isn't really the issue.

Are the BI logs showing DeepStack Restarted after motion.

I suspect in maybe turning the computer off and on that DeepStack got corrupt.
So here is a quick screen shot of the log along with a shot of the most recent clip. I can still analyze with DS through the "test and tune" option, but nothing on the alerts side.

1624237598515.png

JP1200

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I was able to get to the bottom of this. I have no idea why it started as soon as I changed the IPs, but at least now I have a better understanding of BI.

The newest version of BI includes a DeepStack analysis window that helped me identify what was happening. At some point my settings for DS changed to 40% confidence and 0 images, but I have a 3 second pre-trigger set. So DS was looking for people in an image that was 3 seconds too early. Here is a screenshot of a failed trigger and another after the corrected settings.

1624244509205.png
1624244630928.png