Low FPS

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My cameras are setup with sub streams and 15 FPS on the main and sub stream. The PC CPU stays near 22%. I am using 5.5.2.5
In the past this setup has been working great but recently when viewing a maximized camera in the console or in UI3 the FPS is obviously slowing or dropping. This is also happening when viewing clips. It also will happen sometimes without a maximized camera. When using UI3 you can see the FPS drop to 0 often and you see the clock in the top right when a camera is maximized.
I went back to test an older version of BI and it was slightly better but not good.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you get back to the version that was working?
No need to be on the bleeding edge with updated versions.
I'm finding 5.4.7.11 ....is fine for my system
If its still happening on the version you were on, then probably not the BI software.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you get back to the version that was working?
No need to be on the bleeding edge with updated versions.
I'm finding 5.4.7.11 ....is fine for my system
If its still happening on the version you were on, then probably not the BI software.
This new version is working fine on another installation and I would like to make use of the newer DS enhancements and UI3 layout. I do understand what you are saying though. I may try an older version again and see what happens.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
maybe the other installation has different hardware specs? more CPU. More thruput?
The installation with the issue has 15 cameras and the one that works has 4. The 15 camera system actually has better specs.
I just tried 5.4.7.11 and it was much better. I wonder what changed to cause this issue.

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well the FPS is dropping mostly on UI3 with the older version but really bad on the newer versions. I may start a new post for this.