Low Light Covert/Small Factor Cam Suggestions

Lennon1216

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have a country road where I have to install covert cameras. Long story short, people dumping rubbish on the roads, and as they are narrow they completely block access.
Client decided to put cameras on the road. Can't put normal size cameras as it's not his property, and he doesn't want problem from people passing by.

There are dimmed lights along the road on lanterns (that's where I'm mounting the cameras), however they are fairly small, so this is another reason, why I can't put normal size cameras.

I've used Hikvision Covert cams DS-2CD6425G0-XX, however they are not outdoor rated, and they fog up.
I haven't tried the L30 version that's supposed to be IP66, but it's not available pretty much anywhere.

I'm open for suggestions. It doesn't have to be IP it can be analogue as well. But it needs to be outdoor rated, as small as possible, 2 meg resolution is perfect, and at least these sensor sensitivities Color: 0.005 Lux @(F1.2, AGC ON), 0.014 Lux @(F2.0, AGC ON),B/W: 0.0001 Lux @(F1.2, AGC ON), 0.0003 Lux @(F2.0, AGC ON).

I tried Axis and Avigilon, but the sensors they use are useless at low light.

Thanks

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Small and covert with a big enough sensor for low light are mutually exclusive features. The sensor size and lens needed make it a pretty big camera . There are some mini bullets with pretty good night coverage but I can't remember the model number. Try a search for Dahua mini bullets here on IPCT. Those are about as small as you'll find that stand a chance of performing well.

Edit - Just stumbled onto this thread for you -

Last edited:

Lennon1216

n3wb
Reaction score
Well Hikvision made it possible. They have a facial recognition version of it but it’s nearly impossible to get hold of the outdoor rated lens.
DS-2CD6425G0/F-C2
To be honest the existing one is acceptable too, it’s just it’s not outdoor rated. And fogs up.
Thanks for the dahua link, but that’s too big as silly as it sounds.