LPR/NPR?

sorka

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Now that we have Deepstack for things like object recognition, what about local license plate recognition? Any whispers of opencv/alpr integration or teaching deepstack how to track and read license plates? Perhaps deepstack for tracking a license plate extracting the actual plate image regardless of motion and orientation and then passing that onto an OCR engine?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A member here created a custom model to look at the pictures and recognize when it is a plate in the image to send to Plate Recognizer. Plate Recognizer is integrated with Blue Iris but only sends an image, and it can be problematic for some views to send a photo before the frame is in the picture, so this custom model assures it only sends pictures with a plate in the image.

Take a look on the DeepStack forum and GitHub as folks have been dabbling with creating their own alpr, but I haven't tried any of those yet.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’m still using my custom license plate model. It could certainly be improved, but for only a few hours of work, it does amazingly well.

If you’re interested, I just followed the custom model instructions on the Deepstack website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk