LPR potential with Uniview NvR

Reaction score
Do any LPR work with Uniview DVR besides their own. Was looking to experiment with a cheaper model to see if it’s something worthwhile for me.
I have the 16 channel nvr 302

Have all Uniview cams but also looking to see if there is any better options for my system. Thanks in advance and sorry for my lack of knowledge.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A feature like LPR where the camera actually reads and logs the plates will need an NVR that can accept that.

And because of the specialty of that, it probably would need the same brand NVR and camera.

In fact, best practice even for standard video is to match NVR and camera brand.

Reaction score
A feature like LPR where the camera actually reads and logs the plates will need an NVR that can accept that.

And because of the specialty of that, it probably would need the same brand NVR and camera.

In fact, best practice even for standard video is to match NVR and camera brand.
maybe just a camera zoomed on a pinch point where I will be able to read plates myself if need be. Just was the ability to pick up plates if need be not have a constant flow of info.

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a uniarch NVR (made by uniview), it doesn't detect any of the IVS functions of my dahua cameras.
The only thing it works ok with is plain old motion detection.
I have to do all the IVS detection and notifications inside the cameras
So I would suggest that unv does not play well with others when it comes to any intelligence functions.

Reaction score
I have a uniarch NVR (made by uniview), it doesn't detect any of the IVS functions of my dahua cameras.
The only thing it works ok with is plain old motion detection.
I have to do all the IVS detection and notifications inside the cameras
So I would suggest that unv does not play well with others when it comes to any intelligence functions.
Uniview makes a camera but it’s like 1500$.

with your system what regular non LPr cams do you use?

looktall

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
with your system what regular non LPr cams do you use?
I have 3 X uniarch cameras, 2 X dahua cameras and 2 X tiandy cameras.
The tiandy cameras can only function in the NVR via rtsp so I get nothing from that other than the ability to record ie. No motion detection etc.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I recall using non Poe uniview nvr’s in junction with a small micro computer that had LPR software running on it for a bunch of parking garage jobs.