LTS CMIP1142-28 vs CMIP3042-28 and installer question

ed209

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all first post here and just had a 5 camera IP system installed. I was quoted five CMIP3042-28's when in fact the company installed five CMIP1142-28's. Specs seem about the same except the front face is black on the CMIP1142-28. Is there any real differences between these two cameras? I see LTS is running a promo on the CMIP1142-28's so I'm sure they went with those for added profit.

CMIP1142-28
Platinum Fixed Lens Turret Network IP Camera 4.1MP - 2.8mm - Domes / Turrets - IP Cameras
CMIP3042-28
Platinum Fixed Lens Turret Network IP Camera 4.1MP - 2.8mm - Domes / Turrets - IP Cameras

One other thing: The installers forgot to install the round bezel that locks on to each camera mount. I'm super anal and particular and this is bugging me. All of the cameras are mounted under the soffit but I just think it's shoddy work. Do the bezels provide any real function such as protection from elements?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey all first post here and just had a 5 camera IP system installed. I was quoted five CMIP3042-28's when in fact the company installed five CMIP1142-28's. Specs seem about the same except the front face is black on the CMIP1142-28. Is there any real differences between these two cameras? I see LTS is running a promo on the CMIP1142-28's so I'm sure they went with those for added profit.

CMIP1142-28
CMIP3042-28

One other thing: The installers forgot to install the round bezel that locks on to each camera mount. I'm super anal and particular and this is bugging me. All of the cameras are mounted under the soffit but I just think it's shoddy work. Do the bezels provide any real function such as protection from elements?
The only difference is the face color. All the internals are the same. Personally I would have complained because I HATE the black face cameras.

Also you have every right to complain about the missing bezel - it doesn't really have a purpose other than to give it the final "clean" finished look. It also hides the screws - if someone wanted they could just walk up with a screw gun and pull all 3 screws unplug the camera and walk away. Sure this isn't likely, and they could do the same by removing the mud ring - but it's shitty workmanship and I wouldn't have considered the job complete.

They quoted you one thing and installed another then didn't install all the parts and left the job looking "half ass" - I personally wouldn't have accepted or paid for the job until it matched what I was quoted and was complete. Final thought - if you paid with a credit card I would file a dispute if the installer won't make things "right" as this was a "Bait and Switch".

*Also the "Promo" tab on the website by that camera - it's BS, it's just "advertised" right now, their isn't a price break. I haven't seem them run any "price breaks" on 4mp cameras ever. They will run them on their 2mp IP hardware, but nothing else really. So my guess is your installer was simply an ass and either ordered the wrong item, had the black ones in stock, or the local LTS office he works with was out of the white face and he accepted the black face vs. having them drop shipped from the LTS California warehouse.

Last edited:

ed209

n3wb
Reaction score
The only difference is the face color. All the internals are the same. Personally I would have complained because I HATE the black face cameras.

Also you have every right to complain about the missing bezel - it doesn't really have a purpose other than to give it the final "clean" finished look. It also hides the screws - if someone wanted they could just walk up with a screw gun and pull all 3 screws unplug the camera and walk away. Sure this isn't likely, and they could do the same by removing the mud ring - but it's shitty workmanship and I wouldn't have considered the job complete.

They quoted you one thing and installed another then didn't install all the parts and left the job looking "half ass" - I personally wouldn't have accepted or paid for the job until it matched what I was quoted and was complete. Final thought - if you paid with a credit card I would file a dispute if the installer won't make things "right" as this was a "Bait and Switch".

*Also the "Promo" tab on the website by that camera - it's BS, it's just "advertised" right now, their isn't a price break. I haven't seem them run any "price breaks" on 4mp cameras ever. They will run them on their 2mp IP hardware, but nothing else really. So my guess is your installer was simply an ass and either ordered the wrong item, had the black ones in stock, or the local LTS office he works with was out of the white face and he accepted the black face vs. having them drop shipped from the LTS California warehouse.
Thanks for the info. Esthetically, I don't mind the black faced cameras since they are all tucked away under the 2nd story soffit you really can't see much. If they stuck out because of the facing I would pick that battle but I'm ok with them as long as the specs are equal. As for the "mud ring", that is something I'm going to bring up with the installer. I didn't notice it until later that night when I was bringing the recycling out to the curb. The installers had jammed boxes in my recycling can so I broke them down and noticed the mud rings inside one of the boxes. That spurred me to check them the next day and sure as shit, ALL of the cams are missing them. The installers were there for 8hrs and finished up in the rain so it could have easily been an oversight but something I agree with you on...It provides that clean look. And the clean look is what I stressed to the salesman when he came to my house. I'll be calling them later this afternoon.

Thanks for the response. I'm sure I'll have more questions but I'm trying to figure this all out on my own. Like a typical Chinese company, Hikvision/LTS documentation sucks and there's no rhyme or reason for some things. I have been using NVMS-7000 and iVMS4200 along with the web access to both the DVR and cameras. As a software/network security guy, I don't get why there STILL isn't one defacto way to manage all features of the system from one single place. I'm learning what works and what doesn't though.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
@ed209 What NVR did you have installed, I'm guessing 8708-P8

I typically find it easier to do all the initial setup - alarms, motion detection, line crossing, email alerts, etc from the main NVR unit. After that you can manage via VMS and or the web interface for anything else you want to do. I haven't really had an issue ever with their documentation, but I don't really use it, but from what I've seen it seems pretty detailed.

I'm guessing you got the 8708-p8
Here is the full manual: http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/amfilerating/file/download/file_id/879/
Here is the quick start guide: http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/amfilerating/file/download/file_id/880/
Quick Guide for Platinum NVR setup/Remote View: Need help configuring a Platinum NVR or IPC?

ed209

n3wb
Reaction score
@ed209 What NVR did you have installed, I'm guessing 8708-P8

I typically find it easier to do all the initial setup - alarms, motion detection, line crossing, email alerts, etc from the main NVR unit. After that you can manage via VMS and or the web interface for anything else you want to do. I haven't really had an issue ever with their documentation, but I don't really use it, but from what I've seen it seems pretty detailed.

I'm guessing you got the 8708-p8
Here is the full manual: http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/amfilerating/file/download/file_id/879/
Here is the quick start guide: http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/amfilerating/file/download/file_id/880/
Quick Guide for Platinum NVR setup/Remote View: Need help configuring a Platinum NVR or IPC?
Thanks I had the Manual and QSG but did not see the Quick Guide for Platinum NVR. I was jerking around with settings and went from record on motion detection to changing everything to intrusion detection. First I didn't know that in order for it to work, you still need motion detection on. Then for some reason even after intrusions were detected and I received an email, I was not having them recorded to the NVR. I was editing some things on the cameras directly through web page, but then ultimately marched myself to the basement and worked off the NVR itself. This seemed to get things setup and working right. I'm getting much less false positives now.