LTS (Hik) Color247 (CMIP 3C42W-M)

Ookie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In July, the Q3/Q4 LTS catalog introduced a new rebranded Hik series, Color247. These cameras appear to have sensors that are far more capable in low light in situations without IR being turned on.

Page 14 of the catalog shows four models, including the CMIP 3C42W-M (turrets are my preferred style).

This could be the holy grail.

As those who have read my posts well know, I detest active IR illumination in non-LPR applications.

IR is the bane of Hik-based cameras cameras. It attracts insects, leading to a lot of false motion alerts in the summer. It also attracts spiders, who make webs around the cameras (they are not stupid). Wind blows the webs, leading to... More false motion alerts.

Better low light performance without the need to rely on active IR would really improve things.

Regrettably, as Q4 draws to a close, the CMIP 3C42W-M is not showing as available for sale. I really need to call my rep (perhaps I will do it today). But I'm just curious if any of you guys have seen it, or know if the Hik badged model it is based on is out.

Ookie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like the Hik brand is calling it ColorVu.

Starting to see some vids on YT, so it looks like this is close. Will call today.