LTS WHCI7243-SZ

berniecnyc

n3wb
Reaction score
This is also known as the CMIP7243-SZ - i have the monoprice rebranded model.

Has anyone successfully loaded Hikvision firmware onto this unit? If so what firmware?

This camera is one of the worst i've come across and unfortunately i've got 5 of them -- locks up constantly, encoder drops frames, if you try and use any noise reduction there is blur on not just fast moving objects like cars but people walking across a room too. The Zip+ is unusable because it causes 'strobing' on the video -- all while running the latest code V5.4.0 build 170207

any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On my lts 2xx2's (cmip 3032) you can tfpt into them and load the correct hik firmware. Done it on all of my cameras.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You might have better luck upgrading it to the latest LTS firmware if you haven't yet, what is your build date?

Your camera should have WR in the serial number so you can flash it to the Hikvision model, I did on mine.

upload_2017-6-2_22-53-49.png

berniecnyc

n3wb
Reaction score
ya i have the WR in my serial WHCI7243-SZ20160712BBWR6232*****

I"m running the latest LTS Firmware IPC4a_V5.4.0_170207 - 2/7/17

the only thing that worries me is when i search for this model on the LTS site the firmware shows up as IPC4a - i've seen IPC4 on the hikvision site but can't remember seeing IPC4a. Anyone know what the A means? Just want to make sure its not a different hardware rev. What region/site did you get your firmware from?

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IPC4a looks like it is for version without 120b WDR.

I got mine from Hikvision's US site .

The camera most similar to yours might be the firmware listed under DS-2CD2732F-I(S), and when you click on it it'll show the firmware, DS-2xx2_5.4.5_170123 so resolution shouldn't matter.

Hikvision USA

berniecnyc

n3wb
Reaction score
DS-2xx2_5.4.5_170123 fails using the web GUI firmware upgrade - should this work or did you use the TFTP method?

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I used TFTP method for mine, web interface failed for me too.

Make sure you have warranty before you try though! well if you apply RMA don't tell them you tried to flash firmware on it...just say it died ...

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you tried contacting your dealer first to see if there is a fix yet?

berniecnyc

n3wb
Reaction score
late on getting back around to this but just tried that firmware last night and its back in business!
Guess I'm out of luck trying to get the Hikvision FW to play nice :\

GiGaBiTe

n3wb
Reaction score
I figured I'd drop this here for anyone else that has one of these cameras. I was trying to update a CMIP7243W-SZ and the firmware got corrupted halfway and bricked the camera. After hours of scouring the internet, I came to the terrifying conclusion that the firmware for these cameras don't seem to exist anywhere anymore. The link from two posts above redirects to some malware site now, and LTS seems to have erased any mention or links to firmware downloads to their older Hikvision based cameras. 3rd party sites that say they have the firmware redirect back to the malware infested LTS download server, wonderful.

But then I remembered something. By sheer dumb luck four years ago in 2020, I was doing firmware updates on some LTS cameras and just so happened to have not cleared my download folder on that computer. So not only do I have one firmware for this camera, I have two! I uploaded them to archive.org so they'll hopefully never disappear. I had to use the TFTP recovery method to get the 5.4.0 FW on, because my camera was already bricked. But the 5.4.5 installed through the web configuration page fine after the 5.4.0 FW was installed and the camera rebooted.