M3058-PLVE output corridor dewarp to Exacq NVR?

Mooseworks

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I tried Axis support but they were useless so hoping someone on here might have an answer.

I have a 100 camera installation setup and 1 of them is an older M3058-PLVE fisheye. I don't believe this camera supports multistreaming - and when I add it to the NVR (Exacq Z-series) it defaults to the circular fisheye which is undesirable. Within the camera itself, there are options to use some of the axis provided dewarping options such as corridor. However, despite setting these in two separate areas (video > stream > corridor, and the system > stream profiles > corridor) I still only get the same image at the NVR.

Wondering if there's a way to force this through the plain config menu. Other thought was to try and set up an ONVIF profile but it's not clear if you can force a dewarp there, either.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your NVR is going to need dewarping capabilities. The dewarped images from the camera GUI are very useful as you have discovered. True dewarping capabilities would allow you to "zoom" into any portion of the picture clearly.
Just for fun, you should download a copy of Digital Watchdog Spectrum software. I know it does a very good job of dewarping Axis cameras. I think you can use the software without buying recording licenses but will be limited to live viewing only without recording.

Reaction score
There is this strange note in the user's guide - I wonder exactly what that means and whether it is related to your issue?

"One of the capture modes for these products only allow overview."

Reaction score
I "believe" overview is the fish-eye stream. At least it is on the newer M43 series of panoramic cameras.

Reaction score
Yes, the manual shows overview is the round circle view, what it doesn't say is what it means that one of the capture modes "only allow overview". I am wondering it that means you that one of the streams has to be overview or one of the resolutions has to be it or something like that. But if the OP can only get an overview mode, I was thinking this was why, just not sure what to do about it.

Reaction score
Some Axis panoramic overviews are pretty distorted. The M43 series isn't too bad but not as nice as the software dewarping is.