Main Differences between Hikvision DVR/NVR Lines

ZePrez

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

First post here. A great network of seasoned and knowledgeable professionals and enthusiasts. Been a lurker for a long time. Decided to join.

Background is in IT Integration. Company is mainly that but IP Security has been growing in importance and represent today more than 40% of our revenues. We discovered Hikvision about 3 years ago and basically think in term of Hik for our solutions. So far Hik has a camera for most of the situations we have encountered except for a few ultra-specialized ones. Bullet resistant or explosion proof cameras .. then again :) ... The price is attractive I could sing praises for Hik but as always there ais room for improvement .. Lot of room .... Beginning with their documentation which is often confusing. And support which is often nt reactive...enough. As for confusing nowhere is it more evident than their NVR or DVR. When is it a DVR or an NVR for Hik? What are the differences?
What are the differences between the 7600 series and the 9600 aside from more SATA interfaces and the "bandwidth"? Is VCA for example face search available on all DVR or NVR or is it only on the Pro? On what Line/model/version is the SMART suite available? What about the Tribrid? Is it 1 to 1 for TVI to IP swap on the tribrid? i-e if I have 32-channel "Tribrid". is an IP channel equal to a TVI? And at what defintion? Can I have 18 IP @720 and 14 TVI @ 1080 or 24 /8 or ... ? All questions that we have at this juncture and I believe we're not alone.

Would like the collective to chime in explaining to us the main differences between the Lines (7100, 7200. 7600, 9600) for example. I would have preferred to focus on US or World models. Chinese models only make it more complicated but if anyone can help us sort it out , we would be more than pleased and

... if these questions have already been asked, please kindly point the newbie toward the proper link/post?

Again pleased to be here and expecting to learn a lot from you People!

-Zeprez-

ZePrez

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow!

I was expecting at least a reply or a link. Guess I must be patient or this question has been asked before .. Anyone?