Maximum login attempts exceeded!

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
I am getting this whether I login once a day or 3 times a day. The error reads "maximum login attempts exceeded", exactly in the pic. I have changed the count to the maximum. The only fix is to restart the server which is a pain. I do use the upgraded webpages, but I also have tried not using them.
Any ideas to fix this?
Thanks

Attachments

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
How do you normally connect to the server? Locally with a PC? Smart phone app? Or the questionable Roku app?

If you look in the logs, do you see a lot of rows with the number "10" which indicates a connection, a login and a logout? Also within the BI Status window, there's a tab for viewing the recent connections. Are these connections all yours? You can go to Melissa.com and use their free IP lookup feature to see where the IP addresses originate at. [ IP Address Location ]

Last edited:

KBrooks

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. It only happens when I'm connecting via my laptop when I'm at work. If I log in as soon as I boot up my PC, I'm fine. If I wait more than 20 minutes or so, I get this error when trying to log in. Then I have to wait at least an hour or so before I can try to log in again. Then I can usually log in okay. I'll check the suggestions in DLONG2's post later.

railstop

n3wb
Reaction score
How do you normally connect to the server? Locally with a PC? Smart phone app? Or the questionable Roku app?

If you look in the logs, do you see a lot of rows with the number "10" which indicates a connection, a login and a logout? Also within the BI Status window, there's a tab for viewing the recent connections. Are these connections all yours? You can go to Melissa.com and use their free IP lookup feature to see where the IP addresses originate at. [ IP Address Location ]
I connect through PC 99% of the time. once or twice a day through the iOS app. The connections all originate from my computers/app. Not one was from an unknown source.

Sometimes I get only a blank screen, all white. No text or login window.

I've done the wait an hour thing and it doesn't work, the only fix is to reboot the server.

EDIT: this has only started in the last month or so. It worked flawlessly before. I have checked and diagnosed all HW to be functioning %100. It isn't the drivers I can connect via remote control and ping it all day long if I so chose to.