Merry Christmas everyone!

Reaction score
Merry Christmas to all and sincere wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous 2024!

Seeing the deer image by @Smilingreen prompted my post below of 4 whitetail on the move about 9AM this Christmas morning.....
View attachment 180921

Gee--- It's almost like they know they can be shot in an open field or something... :cool:

I had some in my yard a few nights mornings ago...

1703551762647.png

Someone checked on the neighbor's house-- they didn't even attempt to get in their driveway-- just left their car running in the middle of the street... ICE ICE BABY!!!

View attachment 414009352_7253002738117694_1561150488570617659_n.mp4

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
“Want to invent a religion?

I would avoid: ⬇

• a god becoming a vulnerable baby
• an unmarried woman whose story will be doubted
• being born in abject poverty to nobodies
• announcing the birth to fringe members of society
• sending that god into hiding as a refugee

Imagine fabricating a story and the best you can come up with is a god dependent on someone to feed, clothe, and wipe him.

The contrast could not be more stark compared to the Greco-Roman gods of the time, who are filled with pride and glory and lust and violence.

Such a lie is the least convincing lie. Surely you could come up with something more convincing?

For me, this is one of the strongest arguments for believing the Christmas story. There is no reason to invent this story. No reason to preserve it. No reason to pass it along.

And certainly no reason to be martyred for it.

The story of a God who rejects pomp in favor of poverty, choosing to become the most vulnerable thing imaginable - a baby - would be the least convincing lie in religious history.

Unless, of course, they were telling the truth.

Merry Christmas ”

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Snow removal....

So there are enough guys from the great white north here to answer a question. My roomie years ago was from Wisconsin. We were living in upstate NY and this was my first foray into a heavy snow. Being from Texas, this was not my favorite memory. So we shoveled and shoveled and got the driveway done. Then we shoveled half the street and up the street about 50 feet. I was sure he was punishing me. He assured me he had done this before. The snow plow came by and threw all the snow up into everyone's driveway except ours. Because half the road in front of our driveway was clean for 50 foot. Everyone else had all the snow from the road on their driveway and had to deal with it also. This was all by hand so I guess cleaning the road was a good idea!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So there are enough guys from the great white north here to answer a question. My roomie years ago was from Wisconsin. We were living in upstate NY and this was my first foray into a heavy snow. Being from Texas, this was not my favorite memory. So we shoveled and shoveled and got the driveway done. Then we shoveled half the street and up the street about 50 feet. I was sure he was punishing me. He assured me he had done this before. The snow plow came by and threw all the snow up into everyone's driveway except ours. Because half the road in front of our driveway was clean for 50 foot. Everyone else had all the snow from the road on their driveway and had to deal with it also. This was all by hand so I guess cleaning the road was a good idea!
Yep I do that too lol. Neighbors think I'm nuts but plow snow on a drive is a pain