Mini PTZ 10x black screen

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was panning around with one of my PTZ cams when the screen froze. The camera automatically rebooted (seemingly) and the picture came back. I panned around some more and it froze again, then just displays a black screen. Rebooting and restarting (is there a difference between those?) doesn't do anything. I saw in a similar thread (https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9834-Mini-PTZ-v2-Blank-screen-in-a-web-UI-after-a-few-days) someone mention switching the aspect ratio to 4:3 and then back to 16:9. That didn't work for me. The blank screen is seen both in the PTZ web page UI, and in Blue Iris.

Any advice?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The camera came back up on its own this morning. No idea what the issue was.
Considering you are in WA and we had highest temperature of the season yesterday it may possible that your camera was overheated. I had similar issue happened with Longse s500 yesterday as well, it's working fine when temps cool down though. Is your camera connected using internal POE (from POE switch/NVR) or are using a splitter/12v dc? If you are using internal POE it, I would advise you to get a splitter as it's been highlighted in the previous discussions.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That happened with my iPad yesterday...but the developer was kind enough to display the message "Your iPad needs to cool down before it will work"...or something to that effect.

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Considering you are in WA and we had highest temperature of the season yesterday it may possible that your camera was overheated. I had similar issue happened with Longse s500 yesterday as well, it's working fine when temps cool down though. Is your camera connected using internal POE (from POE switch/NVR) or are using a splitter/12v dc? If you are using internal POE it, I would advise you to get a splitter as it's been highlighted in the previous discussions.
It's on the east side of the house and is shaded during most of the day. It didn't have problems until around 10pm.

It is powered via PoE. I saw that others had issues with the PoE failing and having to resort to DC power. I figured I'd wait and see if I encounter that issue before I bother with it. I have 4 of these cameras all powered by PoE, and this is the first issue I've had.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Well as you know we haven't had hot weather this year until this past week, so you are taking chances by using built-in POE module. I would recommend you to get the splitter if you want to make these cameras last. You don't need to do anything extra, just add splitter at the camera end, there is no need for DC power. I think a lot of people confuse that these splitters require DC power.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13212-POE-splitter-for-10-shipped-from-Jack

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
They are not waterproof but might work as well. BTW if I were you I would also take the cams off line until you install them as a precaution.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It is powered via PoE. I saw that others had issues with the PoE failing and having to resort to DC power. I figured I'd wait and see if I encounter that issue before I bother with it.
Probably a good idea that you went ahead and ordered the splitters instead of waiting, as it's not exactly a matter of the POE failing and having to use a DC power cord instead. When the POE fails, apparently it damages the whole camera and has to be sent back to China (expensive) to be repaired....Can't just buy a power cord after the failure and continue as normal. Once it fails, it's too late.