Mini PTZ keeps disconnecting

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought 4 of the Mini PTZ 10x cameras last year. Two of them are still working fine. About a month ago one of them was not responding. So I tried disconnecting the ethernet/power cables and reconnecting. It would do its bootup process, move the camera around and I was able to connect to it again... for a few minutes. Then it disconnects again. I've done this repeatedly. Sometimes it will work for an hour or two, sometimes only a couple minutes. When I say disconnect, I mean Blue Iris gets no signal and I'm no longer able to access it via the IP address in my browser. I've checked the logs in the camera and it has absolutely nothing in it.

Then in the last two weeks another camera has disconnected. This one is in a much less convenient location and I'd have to get into the attic to disconnect it, or climb a ladder outside to remove it from the wall to disconnect it, so I haven't tried on that one yet. I suspect it would have the same issue as the other cam.

Both cameras are powered via DC, not PoE. Is there any hope for fixing them, or are these cameras junk?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've already got good (Hikvision) fixed cameras at the necessary points around the house. I'd like another PTZ to replace them. I see you've recommended the Dahua 25x Starlight, which sounds great, much more zoom, much more reliable brand. Seems the best method for ordering ($340) is via @EMPIRETECANDY. Looks like he is out of stock and won't be shipping until around Feb 15 due to Chinese new year. Do I just direct message him and pay via PayPal?

Last edited:

TWallace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've ordered a Dahua 25x cam. Recently I noticed that both of my failing Huisun cameras are now working fine again. I haven't done anything to them. I had some major electrical work done at the house last week (upgraded from 100 amp to 200 amp service and added some new circuits), but that just turned power on/off to the cameras a few times. They were completely without power for about 6 hours during this. Maybe that did it? Anyway, I don't trust them to work long term. I may replace all 4 with Dahua 25x in the long term.