Missing clips

Reaction score
I have discovered a small problem with my Blue Iris.
I have three cameras recording 24/7, and clis cut every 8 hours or 4GB. They do stop, and make a new clip every 3.95GB or so, but, since I started 24/7 recording a few days ago, I should have a lot of clips by now - but I only have one or two hours of recording stored pr camera.

First i thought it had something to do with my use of profiles, but thats not the thing.

I have enough storage, and clips are not sent to "stored" or "new" until after 7 days.

Any good advice out there?
Thanks in advanced..

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
First, set combine and cut to one hour, not eight hours. That makes reviewing them easier and makes it easier for BI to keep track of everything.

Next up is how much disk space is allocated for storage? Some screen shots of the BI config for storage options, New, Stored, Alerts and so on. Generally speaking video should be written to New and left there. There is no reason to be moving file locations around. Set the limit by space and not by time. Blue Iris will handle it very nicely that way. Keep in mind that with four cameras, depending on resolution and other factors, you will need multiple terabytes of drive space for video files.

Reaction score
I checked my settings, and it turns out that I had limited the space used for stored clips, to 10GB. And with one hour, beeing 4GB, you know there wont be many clips stored :)