Missing UID

MLA

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have just bought a Gadinan Wireless Wifi PTZ Camera 5MP 36X Speed Dome Laser LED Light IR 100m Human Detection Built in SD Card Slot H.265X iCSee camera, through AliExpress.

The camera has arrived with no UID or password. This means I cannot connect this camera up to my system, which needs a UID and password. It looks like this camera will only work with the iCSee app. I would like it to run with the CTRONICS app, but need a UID. I have asked the seller for the UID and password but have had no reply.

Anyone any idea if there is a way of finding the UID for this camera.

Help much appreciated.
Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I have just bought a Gadinan Wireless Wifi PTZ Camera 5MP 36X Speed Dome Laser LED Light IR 100m Human Detection Built in SD Card Slot H.265X iCSee camera, through AliExpress.

The camera has arrived with no UID or password. This means I cannot connect this camera up to my system, which needs a UID and password. It looks like this camera will only work with the iCSee app. I would like it to run with the CTRONICS app, but need a UID. I have asked the seller for the UID and password but have had no reply.
The UID is likely a combo of the device's MAC address plus a unique date/time code that is registered on the Chinese P2P server with that device's specific MAC address.
If so, the short answer is "no", you'll need Aliexpress to step up and provide that, provide a replacement camera WITH the UID / QR Code or accept the return of the camera at their expense.

MLA

n3wb
Reaction score
The UID is likely a combo of the device's MAC address plus a unique date/time code that is registered on the Chinese P2P server with that device's specific MAC address.
If so, the short answer is "no", you'll need Aliexpress to step up and provide that, provide a replacement camera WITH the UID / QR Code or accept the return of the camera at their expense.
Thanks for the info, I will start the ball rolling.