Mobile Dahua Wall Display..

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is my mobile wall cam that I put together for display. I made a video to compare the image capture between cams, not a real fair test but interesting anyhow and the actor I hired was pretty cheap.

All cameras are on default settings recording at 30 FPS at 8192 Kbps. (very high )
IR set to smart IR if available. Cams are lower than they normally would be if mounted on the wall or eaves / soffit.

Recording at 30fps with CBR and 8192 kbps causes the playback to stutter, changing to VBR / lowering the bitrate / FPS smooths out the playback. It also is being screen captured from the browser app from the NVR.
All the cameras image can be improved with a few adjustments in the settings and the washout with the IR also can be improved.

Cam 3 PTZ - mount needs to be turned so the IR doesn't have so much glare off the dome. This cam can be used without any IR very well if there is a small amount of ambient lighting.

Doorbell - To be fair, the doorbell has a very good image, it is tucked in between and sitting on top of another cam for the video and I didn't get close enough like it would be mounted for a real doorbell, so the image is not a good representation.
But the push notifications needs lots of work, it does not ring very often when pushed, so for me it is not usable the way it is.

Best Viewed in full screen..

NVR 4108 4ks2 Firmware 4.0.1
Cam 1 - SD29204UE-GN - Indoors PTZ
Cam 2 - IPC-HDW5241H-AS-PV
Cam 3 - SD1A203T-GN
Cam 4 - IPC-HDBW4431F-AS
Cam 5 - IPC-HDW5631R-ZE
Cam 6 - IPC-HFW5442E-ZE
Cam 7 - PTZ1C203UE-GN
Doorbell -NDB313-W - 3MP, Wi-Fi Smart Doorbell

Any of these cams can be purchased by contacting @EMPIRETECANDY

Wall 1.jpg wall back.jpg

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Really nice setup and great video! I did lauch however when Face Detection gave you an "Angry" emotion classification :p

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is my mobile wall cam that I put together for display. I made a video to compare the image capture between cams, not a real fair test but interesting anyhow and the actor I hired was pretty cheap.

All cameras are on default settings recording at 30 FPS at 8192 Kbps. (very high )
IR set to smart IR if available. Cams are lower than they normally would be if mounted on the wall or eaves / soffit.

Recording at 30fps with CBR and 8192 kbps causes the playback to stutter, changing to VBR / lowering the bitrate / FPS smooths out the playback. It also is being screen captured from the browser app from the NVR.
All the cameras image can be improved with a few adjustments in the settings and the washout with the IR also can be improved.

Cam 3 PTZ - mount needs to be turned so the IR doesn't have so much glare off the dome. This cam can be used without any IR very well if there is a small amount of ambient lighting.

Doorbell - To be fair, the doorbell has a very good image, it is tucked in between and sitting on top of another cam for the video and I didn't get close enough like it would be mounted for a real doorbell, so the image is not a good representation.
But the push notifications needs lots of work, it does not ring very often when pushed, so for me it is not usable the way it is.

Best Viewed in full screen..

NVR 4108 4ks2 Firmware 4.0.1
Cam 1 - SD29204UE-GN - Indoors PTZ
Cam 2 - IPC-HDW5241H-AS-PV
Cam 3 - SD1A203T-GN
Cam 4 - IPC-HDBW4431F-AS
Cam 5 - IPC-HDW5631R-ZE
Cam 6 - IPC-HFW5442E-ZE
Cam 7 - PTZ1C203UE-GN
Doorbell -NDB313-W - 3MP, Wi-Fi Smart Doorbell

Any of these cams can be purchased by contacting @EMPIRETECANDY

View attachment 46881 View attachment 46882
Looks like you spent some time on the setup, Detail is great...Thanks for doing this..guys here will appreciate this.