More Than 3 Snapshots in Email?

sirius99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
on previous cameras I was able to set the number of snapshots that got mailed out when an event was detected. With this I get only 3 and they are 2 secs apart.

I'm finding this isn't good enough to make sure I capture facial features etc as I flip through my email ... anyone know of any way to get more than 3 and at 1 sec intervals?

I can always check the video feeds but it's just easier looking at mailed attachments..

Have the DS-2CD2142FWD Dome / Vsn 5.4.4 firmware

simon247

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't think you can configure it to send more than 3 snapshots in an email. You can only change the snapshot interval (Network->Advanced Settings->Email->Interval).

I believe the only way to capture more than 3 event based snapshots at 1 second intervals is by setting your camera to capture and store images locally, or FTPing the images to a server. This means having to flip through the images either through the mobile app, desktop app, web interface or your FTP server.

sirius99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks ..yep it's using FTP now ... the 2 sec snapshot delay is a problem however...

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When my cameras email me 3 snaps, 2 of them are always identical! The delay timer just doesn't work correctly.