Motion Push Notifications only work on 1 out of 3 cameras with Hik-Connect iPhone App

acemauro3

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I just created an account today to join this community!

So I recently setup my Hikvision DVR with 3 analog cameras (don't know the models at the moment) and im having trouble getting notifications for 2 of my cameras. I activated the motion for all cameras and as well as notify surveillance center, but im only getting notifications for 1 of my cameras. I checked all over the place to find an answer but maybe someone can assist me over here. I'm currently using the Hik-Connect app for live streaming.

Thank You,

Maurizio

Ventmore

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I have a Hikvision 7204hqhi-f1 with 2 analog cameras.

The DVR detects motion just fine for both cameras, and will trigger an audible alert from the unit, drop an event marker on the playback timeline, and also send me an email with pictures of the event. The issue is, the DVR will only send a push notification to the Hik-Connect app for camera 1, but not camera 2.

I've tried setting and resetting the motion detection options with both the web GUI and the IVMS-4200 windows app, but no matter what I do, I can't get a push notification for camera 2.

Edit:

Went looking for other events that I could test push with, and came across the exceptions settings. I set "illegal logins" to trigger an audible alert, and also send me a push notification. When I tried to login to the DVR with an incorrect password, the unit beeped, but didn't send a push.

So, the only thing that will trigger a push is an event from camera 1. Seems very strange.

Last edited:

Ventmore

n3wb
Reaction score
According to Hikvision, they are now working on an update to fix this issue.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have read somewhere (and I would say it is on this forum) that there is a bug that makes hik-connect currently only send push notifications for one channel.

Push has never worked flawlessly with Hikvision... :(

Ventmore

n3wb
Reaction score
The hik-connect app was updated yesterday. The notes didn't mention anything about notifications, but I tried enabling them anyway, and they now work perfectly for both of my cameras.

They still don't work for other events like illegal logins, but I can live with that.

Reaction score
The hik-connect app was updated yesterday. The notes didn't mention anything about notifications, but I tried enabling them anyway, and they now work perfectly for both of my cameras.

They still don't work for other events like illegal logins, but I can live with that.
Are you referring to the Hik-Connect 3.0.0 iOS app? If so, please tell me where in the app you went to enable push notifications?

Also, can you view any events in your playback timeline? After updating to the new iOS app, I can't forward to different events in playback.

Thanks!

Ventmore

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, it is version 3.0.0.

On the home tab, tap the icon in the top left corner, then tap on your device, then "alarm notification".

The events don't show in the playback timeline, but I don't think they ever did for me. I have however just found that you can zoom the timeline with a pinch, so they may have been too small to show without zooming.

You can play an event by tapping a notification, or by tapping the event in the message tab.

Reaction score
Yes, it is version 3.0.0.

On the home tab, tap the icon in the top left corner, then tap on your device, then "alarm notification".

The events don't show in the playback timeline, but I don't think they ever did for me. I have however just found that you can zoom the timeline with a pinch, so they may have been too small to show without zooming.

You can play an event by tapping a notification, or by tapping the event in the message tab.
Okay, thank you for the explanation. I had already chosen "Enable" in "Alarm Notification", but I remember being able to go into individual cameras in the previous version and I can't find that anymore in the new version. In other words, I currently have six cameras out of eight installed at home, but I only want push alerts on the camera over the front door, how would I go about selecting only that camera? I guess I'll look to see if I can do that in the NVR. For the record, I've been installing a surveillance system in my home for the past couple of weeks and I've been tinkering with as many settings as possible and I've never been able to receive a push notification on my phone.

As for playback, that was working perfectly in the previous version of the app. When 3.0.0 was released, you can still access the playback section, but you can't forward to the next event. It just starts to play at midnight of the day you choose and has to play through the entire day itself. This is a major flaw in the app that obviously got past the developers. If I want to see an event at 8:00pm, I have to wait for every event from midnight to 8:00pm to play before seeing the one I want to see. I've already sent them a note via the feedback feature. Hopefully, they'll release a patch for this in the next version release of the app.

Ventmore

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 analog cameras, and I can enable/disable notifications for individual cameras through the DVR by toggling the "Notify Surveillance Centre" options for each.

Mine has always started playback at midnight though the app. I can only see events on the timeline through the web interface. I'm not sure why! :)

Reaction score
I have 2 analog cameras, and I can enable/disable notifications for individual cameras through the DVR by toggling the "Notify Surveillance Centre" options for each.

Mine has always started playback at midnight though the app. I can only see events on the timeline through the web interface. I'm not sure why! :)
I'll try the settings in the DVR and see if I can get the push notifications working.

I appreciate the insight!

mrjat

n3wb
Reaction score
Got the same problem as i Said in my recent topic, hope there is a fix soon

mrjat

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried it now, still same issue, getting only notification on one camera, still cant instant playback :(