MotionDetection - Blue Iris - ONVIF - Dahua/Empire Cameras - wits end

Paul G

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,not sure this is the place to post this.

I have been spending tons of time trying to do/eliminate what would appear to be a very simple IVS/Detection issue.

Single Camera (I have others):

EmpireTech 4MP 1/1.8" CMOS Ultra Low Light IP Camera,Starlight IR Motorized 2.7mm-12mm Lens,IP67,Built-in Mic,POE and ePOE,Vehicle and Human Detection,AcuPic,SMD 3.0,S3 Version IPC-T54IR-ZE White

Using IP Camera interface direct to camera - setting up 2intrusion boxes next to our car in lot.
Aside from whether that is working or not, the issue is that when cars go by - nowhere near the intrusion boxes, motion is triggered and BI records the alert.

Pictures: Below you can see BI on left and IP Camera on right. Trips every time a car goes by on far right on street, day or night. Don't understand - maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I have not included anything (that I know of) that is even near the right hand side.

Any insight?
1715876512054.png

IP Camera Config - Intrusion 1
1715875969439.png

IP Camera Intrusion 2
1715876009985.png

BI Coniguration:

1715876051381.png
1715876073860.png

Attachments

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In last screenshot "ONVIF Events", disable all event types except the IVS one if you only want BI5 to trigger on IVS and not on basic motion.

Paul G

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks, I'll surely do that - but not clear to me which one(s) refer to the IVS ones. Looks like i need to better understand all those events. Device/Trigger, RuleEngine/LineDetector/Crossed, RuleEngine/CellMotionDetector/Motion (seems like a culprit), RuleEngine/MyRuleDetector/Visitor etc. Are these documented anywhere?

And why would BI5 trigger on basic motion when I had not asked it to do so. Is it picking up basic motion triggers through ONVIF? Where did I specify that within the IP Camera interface as I only specified IVS there.

thank you for your quick reply and help

rdxny

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In last screenshot "ONVIF Events", disable all event types except the IVS one if you only want BI5 to trigger on IVS and not on basic motion.
of the choices, which represents IVS only? (line detector/Crossed (likely), motion, visitor, people detect, vehicle detect, motion detection, object inside?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection on in the camera GUI (as shown in the alert memo with "true") and that is what is triggering.

Turn those off in the camera GUI.

And for good measure only use these two in BI and delete or turn off the others:

1715880765449.png

Paul G

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks, so much everybody - I will manage this through the BI ONVIF profiles as you say. I still don't know where I turned general motion detection on using the IP Camera interface. Nonetheless - I will filter as you suggest. thanks again

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
You have Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection on in the camera GUI (as shown in the alert memo with "true") and that is what is triggering.

Turn those off in the camera GUI.
But doesn't BI turn motion detection in the camera back on? Mine does.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But doesn't BI turn motion detection in the camera back on? Mine does.
Only my Dahua PTZs, not my other cams.

But what we do for the PTZ is make the motion one block and give it a schedule of nothing and make it the least sensitive so that it doesn't trigger BI when it gets turned back on.

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I went through this process a year ago, and wrote up my results. You might find them helpful.