Mounting a Turret in the garden - away from house building - ideas?

buckfast

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All

I have another turret Dahua on the way specifically theHDW5442. My current setup is of x3 other Dahua starlights all mounted on external walls of my house pointing out.

I plan to install this new camera at the end of my garden (25 ft down from the back door of the house), looking back up at the house. I have a wooden panelling at the perimeter back of my garden, and the sides of my garden are concrete walls.

I am willing to make an enclosure for this, any pointers or suggestions on design? I am concerned about mounting without some cover, as prevailing weather is harsh where I am. All of my other IPC are mounted under overhanging fascia/soffit/eaves etc.

Thanks

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The eyeball portion of the camera is the only real concern and that is pretty much weather tight. I have one mounted horizontally on a tree and it is no problem. You could mount it that way on the wall or any other place that provides a good, solid, mounting location. Alternately, there is a wall mount bracket for it, think in terms of an "L" shape that bolts to the wall so the camera mounts as it would to a soffet or eave., but the model escapes me at the moment.

Last edited:

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The eyeball portion of the camera is the only real concern and that is pretty much weather tight. I have one mounted horizontally on a tree and it is no problem. You could mount it that way on the wall or any other place that provides a good, solid, mounting location. Alternately, there is a wall mount bracket for it, thin in terms of an "L" shape that bolts to the wall so the camera mounts as it would to a soffet or eave., but the model escapes me at the moment.