Mounting Hardware Instructions

salsaverde

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any instructions on how to mount a PFB203W wall mount to a PFA152-E pole mount? Both came with hardware, but there is no instructions on which holes to mount this up to. I could take a guess, but would rather do it to spec if it's listed.

I will then mount my IPC-HDW2231R-ZS to the wall mount.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
^^^^ +1

since u have both in hand, just line them up see where the holes match and use that.

also why do u need to hang a turret that way.. can just mount it straight to the pfa 152.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve done this recently, unscrew the mounting plate from the cam mount, line it up on the pole mount, it will only fit in one orientation where all 4 holes line up and screw it into the pole mount.

Then I mounted the pole mount to the pole, fed the cable through, connected it to the cam, then used amalgamating tape over the 12v jack and the network connection to waterproof the connection, then installed the camera. The connection which I had taped I pushed into the top of the cam mount and the aligned the cam.

The only thing I’m unsure of is what do I do with the massive hole in the pole mount and backing plate where the cable goes through. Thought of using that roofing type felt to cover the opening but as unsure if it should be left open but if left open I’m sure it’ll be a bugs paradise.

salsaverde

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh, I just went with the mounting diagram here:

61OtJzNI3iL._AC_SL1285_.jpg

It looks like I should use either a wall mount or a junction box to mount to the pole mount. I assume this would be to shelter the connections. I chose the wall mount it seemed like it had a little extra reach in case I want to have it look around the corner.

Please let me know if I am reading this wrong or if there is a better way.

Thanks!

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I went with the 203 mount onto the pole mount onto the pole, just as shown in that diagram but you end up with a big hole behind the centre of the pole mount.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
I went with the 203 mount onto the pole mount onto the pole, just as shown in that diagram but you end up with a big hole behind the centre of the pole mount.
If there is only a single cable entering the back a coupler can be used. If it’s more than one you can use any flat rubber gasket material and apply some adhesive glue. The gasket will simply be cut in a X pattern to allow the cable to enter while collapsing on itself.

If none of the above is an option than using all weather electrical putty will offer a water tight seal. I use all three options depending upon how likely water and bugs will be a problem.

Also, a super ghetto solution but works in the field all the time is to spread some semi transparent silicone sealant on wax paper at what ever thickness you need. Sandwich the caulk with another wax sheet. Wait for it to dry and peel off from the wax paper and cut to shape you need for the gasket.

This is where you can make it a simple hole vs a splade X to allow cable entry.

Going this route allows custom gasket solutions and this is why all of us carry wax paper and caulk!!

Not because we’re all caulk suckers either!

salsaverde

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera module itself seems to have gaps water water and bugs could get behind the camera. Is there a need to seal it off? The wall mount has some other gaps besides the main cable hole. I wasn't planning on sealing it, should I? When running cable I always make a "trap" with the cat 6 to prevent any water from flowing down the cable and into the mount/housing.

@Teken Nice tip on custom gaskets!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The bottom line is that as long as you properly protect the RJ45 connector and any other connectors, whether used or no, from weather it'll be fine. Proper protection means a dab of dielectric grease on the connector, seal the whole assembly about an inch above and below the gland with a self-vulcanizing rubberized tape like coax seal and then add a layer of quality electrical tape overlapping the coax seal. The camera body, itself, is weatherproof so holes in the housing for it don't mean much. That said, I've had to seal the joint of the "ball" and the housing with duct seal due to wasps nesting in there.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I chose the wall mount it seemed like it had a little extra reach in case I want to have it look around the corner.
Please let me know if I am reading this wrong or if there is a better way.
Nothing wrong in how u read the diagram, many ways to do it.
but if u want to look around the corner, maybe go for 2 cameras , one each side. mounted on the wall with PFA130E.

If only one camera then go for the the dome ptz DH-SD1A203T-GN or sd22204 which looks good with the pfa 203 on the downpipe .

Last edited:

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The bottom line is that as long as you properly protect the RJ45 connector and any other connectors, whether used or no, from weather it'll be fine. Proper protection means a dab of dielectric grease on the connector, seal the whole assembly about an inch above and below the gland with a self-vulcanizing rubberized tape like coax seal and then add a layer of quality electrical tape overlapping the coax seal. The camera body, itself, is weatherproof so holes in the housing for it don't mean much. That said, I've had to seal the joint of the "ball" and the housing with duct seal due to wasps nesting in there.
Responding to an old thread with a new problem - wasps nesting in one of my turret cams.
Did a search for 'wasps' and found this thread - exact same problem. Noticed hits from several wasps lately, went outside to check it out and they were crawling inside the gap between the housing & cam ball. Off to buy duct seal or similar, thx for the recommendation!