Mounting IPC-HDW5231R-ZE on vertical wall looking sideways and down, without special mounting bracket?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
All of my cams are mounted on vertical walls and then angled/adjusted and I’ve had no issues with getting the view I want. I have used a junction box one each cam which helps as the cam is around an inch off the wall.

IMG_7249.jpgIMG_7250.jpgView attachment 52386View attachment 52416

Last edited:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry I'm late with the pics, but it sounds like you've got this sorted out. I've got this camera at work today so if there are any other pics that could help, just give a shout.

View attachment 52372

View attachment 52373

View attachment 52374
Aristobrat, Thank you so much. That is what I was hoping to see. All the pictures I saw had the lens pretty much pointed forward or just slightly down. I did not know what the internals looked like until mat200 pointed me to a thread about the "IPC-T5442TM-AS-Starlight" that I had an idea of what they looked like inside .

Now I assume this is an older version of the same IPC-HDW5231R-ZE camera? Or is it that all Turrets are the same in adjustments?

I ordered mine(IPC-HD5231R-ZE) last night. Thanks again.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
All of my cams are mounted on vertical walls and then angled/adjusted and I’ve had no issues with getting the view I want. I have used a junction box one each cam which helps as the cam is around an inch off the wall.
Thanks Teaf!
Like those brick sidewalks.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Also don’t forget that due to the overall view angles of the cam, both horizontally and vertically you shouldn’t need to rotate the cams a full 90 degrees in either plane else you’d end up with too much wall in the picture which will impact night time capture if the IR is enabled.

serra90

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone here please help guide me toreset my hikvision password I'm retarded n cant do it I been trying all nighte

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone here please help guide me toreset my hikvision password I'm retarded n cant do it I been trying all nighte
You have posted the same question in 4 different forums so please...be patient and try the one that I provided here at 3:33 PM today.

Welcome to IPCT but next time, please search first as your issue is covered MANY times . Also, please choose the most appropriate forum (like NVR's ), post your question and be patient. It is normal to not receive a response for 24 hours as many, if not most, forum members work or have other duties, chores and responsibilities.

Thank you! :)

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Also don’t forget that due to the overall view angles of the cam, both horizontally and vertically you shouldn’t need to rotate the cams a full 90 degrees in either plane else you’d end up with too much wall in the picture which will impact night time capture if the IR is enabled.
Yes won't need anywhere near 90 degrees. Basically what yours does in your front and backyard. Thanks for your pics.