Mounting LPR Cam Close to Ground

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I bought an IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E specifically for reading license plates. I don't have a good angle from the house so I pulled some Ethernet cable to the front yard where I plan to mount the cam close to the ground (maybe 1-2 feet above ground which will result in 2-3 feet above street level). I wonder what the best way is to mount this camera. I was thinking of a cement block in the ground, put an iron rod/pipe into the cement block and then have some kind of (4"x4" or so) platform at the end of that rod/pipe. Then I just mount the cam onto that platform. The biggest issue is how do I get such a 4"x4" "platform" and mount it to the rod/pipe? Is this something that can be bought or do I need to buy a welder and do this myself?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd just use the pipe for a mount by getting the appropriate mount from Andy, EmpireTech. Another trick, if you do want to go the 4x4 style, would be to build a square around the pipe using 2x6 for two sides and 2x4, 2x6 or 2x8, for the other two sides. The size will depend on how big the pipe is to provide clearance for that pipe.

Reaction score
I put mine in a box. See thread below: