Mounting LPR ideas

tran383

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I can't see to find a good spot for this LPR except for this spot near the sidewalk on the side of the house. I was thinking of an 8' galvanized post in this spot. I was hoping I didn't have to bury anything new and could use the existing fence but not sure how I would achieve that. It would be mounted on a PFA-154 if I can find it in stock. Comments, suggestions welcomed! Would love to see some photos of your LPR's mounted near the streets. Thanks.

Attachments

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, i chose it so i wouldn't have to drill out a bigger hole to mount my lens behind it.
i stained & sealed it and removed the hinges on the bottom (just screwed shut now)
camera is mounted by the lens in a foam ring set into something like this, epoxied to the inside:
NIBCO 1-1/2 in. ABS DWV Hub x SJ Trap Adapter-C58017HD112 - The Home Depot

I have captured a few birds attempting to check out the houses, only to find the entrance blocked.
poor things, maybe i should put up some real ones as well...

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, i chose it so i wouldn't have to drill out a bigger hole to mount my lens behind it.
i stained & sealed it and removed the hinges on the bottom (just screwed shut now)
camera is mounted by the lens in a foam ring set into something like this, epoxied to the inside:
NIBCO 1-1/2 in. ABS DWV Hub x SJ Trap Adapter-C58017HD112 - The Home Depot

I have captured a few birds attempting to check out the houses, only to find the entrance blocked.
poor things, maybe i should put up some real ones as well...
VERY nice...great job...and thx for sharing the assembly pics with us. :D

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.