Move to folder inconsistent behavior

eexodus

n3wb
Reaction score
My Blue Iris setup is 25 cameras recording 1080p 30 FPS and they are organized into different groups like:
  • Zebra New = Blue Iris Storage Folders Aux 1 set to Limit clip age 1 hours and Move to folder Aux 2
  • Zebra = Blue Iris Storage Folders Aux 2 set to Limit clip age 30 days and Delete
So the data flow is new clips are created in Aux 1 and each are ended/started at the top of each hour and moved to Aux 2 to be deleted after 30 days. Aux 2 is then shared out via a Windows Server SMB share (read only).

This works most of the time and is configured that way to ensure all clips are 1-hour long (best for my use case). However, I frequently see clips sitting in Aux 1 that shouldn't be there and I have to trigger a manual DB repair to 'nudge' them along reminding BI they are past the point of 1-hour and should be moved to Aux 2.

Am I approaching this whole thing wrong and that is why its been unreliable? Do you have any suggestions for alternative methods that would still ensure 1-hour clips?

The only thing I can think of is ditching Aux 2 and configuring Aux 1 to be Limit clip age 1 hours, never delete them, and instead delete any files older than 30 days via automated PowerShell.

eexodus

n3wb
Reaction score
Reviewing the 'stuck' files more in-depth it appears that most of them are recordings that end in slightly off away from the top of the hour. For example: they are all dated stuff like yearmonthday_020005 or yearmonthday_163144 where BI was a bit slow or the video streams were interrupted/restarted and a new clip had to be created past the "000000" top of the hour mark.

Another alternative I've thought of is just creating a PowerShell script to be ran daily that moves any clips older than 1-day to the destination folder automatically.