Muffled audio

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Couldn't attach this format so uploaded it here - Vocaroo | Online voice recorder

guys - I didn't do any upgrades the last few months and suddenly my BI audio from all cameras is muffled (attached sample). I then did an upgrade to 5.5.1.2 stable to see if it'll help but the problem has persisted. No changes to bit rate, etc literally nothing. In the attached sample you hear a child and adult talk and typically you'll be able to recognize at least 75% of what's being said given they are 12 feet from the camera

How do I troubleshoot this? Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What does it sound like from the camera GUI?

Do you have an SD card in the camera that you can playback to determine if it is a camera issue rather than BI issue.

Or BI somehow changed a setting on the camera.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have any SD cards in any of my cameras so cant tell. Also all my cameras are demonstrating this behavior which started at the same time so this is certainly a blue virus issue

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you know if you have the noise filter off before? Most of us say to turn it off as the noise filter typically sucks LOL.

Check and see if one of the cams has the noise filter on and if so, turn off and see if it improves. BI could have changed it.

Or rollback if there isn't anything on this update you need.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the noise filter was on in the camera setting. I disabled and will see if it's better. But is it possible BI changed this setting?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is not supposed to be able to change a camera setting, but those of us with the 49225 PTZ keep getting MD turned on if we are using BI.