Multiple cameras on a single port

Reaction score
Would someone take a look at my drawing and tell me if this is possible? This will be essentially 2 cameras on a single NVR PoE port setup
If it is possible, I'm curious about any drawbacks to this setup. This setup will basically be because we have aquired extra cameras but dont want to go buy the bigger NVR with more ports.

Items: 4MP Dahua NVR N484E62 using included cameras; TP-link PoE switch nvr setup.png

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would someone take a look at my drawing and tell me if this is possible? This will be essentially 2 cameras on a single NVR PoE port setup
If it is possible, I'm curious about any drawbacks to this setup. This setup will basically be because we have aquired extra cameras but dont want to go buy the bigger NVR with more ports.

Items: 4MP Dahua NVR N484E62 using included cameras; TP-link PoE switch View attachment 54698
I have a different Dahua NVR but that setup works on mine but the cameras will need to be setup as DHCP to pickup your routers IP addressing. So you’ll have that one camera showing as connected to a port (presumably the 10.1 network) and the new ones as connected to your internal network.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I have quite a few set up that way, Depending on the NVR and Cameras, it's a crap shoot if the NVR will go out and auto find them through the POE switch and use DHCP. Try it that way first,(I always use static) If that does not work, give them Static IP's on the same subnet (10.1.1.X) by default and use the Manual add by IP feature.

Man1.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks. I haven't bought the PoE switch yet, but I'm glad to know it is possible.

One last thing, any throughput issues? I highly doubt two cameras on a single port will saturate the port on the NVR, but just to make sure - have you had any issues with latency or flickering?

Last edited:

msnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. I haven't bought the PoE switch yet, but I'm glad to know it is possible.

One last thing, any throughput issues? I highly doubt two cameras on a single port will saturate the port on the NVR, but just to make sure - have you had any issues with latency or flickering?
No throughput issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk