Multiple locations, one NVR?

petman2

n3wb
Reaction score
Good morning

I was looking at the QSEE system at Costco when on sale last month and it seemed pretty good, easy and plug and play. I am quite network literate so then I started searching here and other places for more information. Searched so much that I missed the sale (but I hear they go back on sale in November). Anyway, one of the draws to the QSEE was the apparently ability for me to put cameras at each of 3 locations (each a good 200 miles from each other) and they would all show up and be recorded on the one NVR. Seemed as easy as scanning a QR code and hooking up to a POE at the remote location. This made it simple to pull up one app on the phone and see all the cameras, etc. etc. I am looking to put in about 8 cameras at the main location and then 2 or 3 at each of the the other two locations. I assume this is NVR functionality but if a camera function...sorry for posting in the wrong spot.

Looking here, I am now wondering if I should go with the NVR4416 and some cameras rather than the package deal at Costco. I was actually looking at Alibaba people that will sell just one device but also at Aliexpress too. So my question(s)...

1) Does the NVR4416 allow the functionality where the cameras can be on another network, but still be recorded? Is it difficult?

2) I am using drop cams now, but am looking at 4mp cameras. Is the clarity of the 4mp worth the price? I figure I should buy higher end now as they will probably be obsolete by the time i receive them.

3) Dahua/Hikvision - There are apparently pros and cons for each so should I just pick whatever I like or is one really that much better for my configuration.

Cost is not an overarching concern (don't want to go crazy) but spending a few hundred more for a great system versus a good system is appealing to me.

Being a newbee I am probably missing many questions. I am a MAC user as well if that has any interplay with your recommendations/suggestions/flames... :)

Thanks

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd be intrigued to hear how that would work. Without very fast upload speeds at the remote sites I'd think you'd still be constrained to recording the sub-stream only, which would function the same as any other remote camera setup. Are the other locations networked together in some other manner?