Multiple posts of the same video recordings on Blue Iris

bslow47

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1718719895441.png

I figured out what these symbols are. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I think these are the record time duration that is indicated in the thumbnails.
The problem I'm have is that I get a lengthy recording and it will post several times.
Each time the same video posts the thumbnail will indicate like a 10 to 15 second video length.
When I click on each video it will be the same video that is, lets say, 3+ minutes in length.
The only difference is that these symbols will move to the right on each video until until the
full length of the video is exhausted.

I know this is a setting issue but, I don't remember changing anything or at least purposely.
Does anyone have an Idea what to try?

Thanks,

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 196756

I figured out what these symbols are. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I think these are the record time duration that is indicated in the thumbnails.
No, those are markers you drag to mark the start (green) or end (red) of a clip to be exported and/or converted. From BI's built-in "Help":

BI-trim-convert-export.jpg

The problem I'm have is that I get a lengthy recording and it will post several times.
Each time the same video posts the thumbnail will indicate like a 10 to 15 second video length.
You mean in the alert clip list?
Can you post a screenshot?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
In a typical setup, when Blue Iris detects motion, it creates an "Alert" object which links to a particular start and end time within a clip (a clip is an actual video file on your disk).

As @TonyR noted, those two markers are simply showing you the start and end points of the alert you opened. It is common for this to be only a portion of the overall clip as shown in your screenshot.

bslow47

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No, those are markers you drag to mark the start (green) or end (red) of a clip to be exported and/or converted. From BI's built-in "Help":

View attachment 196762

View attachment 196762

1718805338181.jpeg

Yes, the clips list. As you see there is the time duration listed for each clip. When I click on a clip in the list, for
example, "Front Yard" shows a 1m00s clip. Once the video comes up it is a 45 minute recording. The red and
green markers will be 1m00s as listed on the full 45 minute video.

By the way, thank you for the explanation of the green/red markers.

So, back to the main problems that I can't find to resolve. The "Front Yard" will always have long lengthy recording.
I set the trigger area to not include the house across the street that has the flood light that keeps going on and off
through the night. As far as I can tell all of our cameras set up with the same parameters. And it is more than likely to be
a setting I have somewhere.

Secondly, You can see he number of "Font Yard" clips I get is numerous and they are a minute apart. Each clip I click
on will be the same lengthy recording with the green/red markers a minute down the road each time. Again, I can't find
the setting to resolve this.

Thanks for your time

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks to me like your Front Yard cam is just triggering continuously. In the camera properties > Trigger tab, I assume you have "Motion sensor" checked. Click the Configure button next to that. Then find the dropdown list labeled "Highlight" and choose "Highlight and rectangles". Then OK back out of both dialog boxes. The camera should now visually show you what the motion sensor is seeing so you can better tune your motion sensor settings (object size, contrast, zones, etc).

Also something else to be aware of is the video recording mode in Camera properties > Record tab . Near the top of that is a checkbox labeled "Video" and there's a dropdown box with a bunch of recording options. If you are unfamiliar with those you can read up on them in Blue Iris's help file.

bslow47

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. All good stuff. The first part I had as you directed already set. The second part I will go to school on soon.

Here is what I just discovered by accident and may be the same accident that led me to my problem.
When I was viewing and scrolling through the recordings list I inadvertently clicked on a drop down that I did not know/realize that was there.
It is at the top of the of the recordings list and It had a list of three choices "New, Stored, and alerts".
So when the drop down was on "stored" option it populated my recordings list with the multiple same recordings as I discussed earlier on this thread.
When I chose the "New" option it whittled the list down back to normal where it did not show the multiple same recordings.

Thank you all for all he input. Now, if someone can help me with the fox problem we have now which is the reason why I have been increasingly viewing
and apparently screwing up our camera settings.