Multiple Servers - Different Colors

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the Blue Iris app setup on my iPhone and my wife's iPhone, but we have 2 different locations with 2 different locations. Is there anyway to setup the notifications so that one of the servers is one color and the other a differnt color? Or someway to distinguish them and make them unique when they pop up with an alert?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
You could add a site name to the text of the alerts under Alert tab > On alert. Looks like &SERVER will provide the system name.

Never mind... that's already the default. That doesn't do it for you?

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You could add a site name to the text of the alerts under Alert tab > On alert. Looks like &SERVER will provide the system name.

Never mind... that's already the default. That doesn't do it for you?
No - I get alerts all the time on both properties because of what I'm monitoring. They're both equally important, but there's a couple of hot spots I want to pay extra attention to, and it's still difficult to distinguish between properties. There's been buglaries recently and one of the properties was broken into twice already before I installed the cameras. So now, as an extra step, i'd like there to be greater distinction and awareness at the app level that I can definitively be able to tell which property the alert is for and how quickly i need to react.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Not aware of any way to do different colors. You can have different sounds for individual cams.

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I monitor two different locations using the Blue Iris app on my iPhone. When I get an alert on my phone, it is readily apparent which location it is associated with because the server name is embedded in the alert text.