My BI Setup

Reaction score
Hey all, long time lurker. Been watching and learning from the forum for a while now and have learned quite a bit! Been through quite a bit of trial and error and thought I'd share my setup:

(DISCLAIMER: I'm an Amazon Vine reviewer and a lot of the aforementioned equipment was provided to me at no cost. There's no way I would come out of pocket for some of the stuff I have going here.)

PC: Lenovo ideaCenter 510a. Started life as an i3-8100/4gb RAM/1tb hard drive w/32gb intel Optane. Has now been upgraded to an i5-8400/16gb RAM/250gb Samsung EVO SSD (boot, blue iris and dbase drive)/256gb Samsung nvme (New folder-24 hours-rolls to Stored), Seagate 3tb HD (Stored folder-Rolls to Aux/Stored 2), Seagate 2(tb) (Aux/Rollover-Stored 2). The 256gb stored drive is backed up to Backblaze in realtime.

Networking: Linksys EA9500 (Main router), NETGEAR 10-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro PoE Switch in attic (going to all house-mounted cams as well as Netgear AC1750 access point, and both TV's. NextTrend
6-Port Unmanaged PoE Switch in back building. 100 ft of direct-burial CAT 7 cable connect main house and back building.

Cameras: (2) ONWOTE 5mp 4k POE cameras, (4) Dericam 2mp 1080p non-POE cameras (Wall-wart powered), (2) JideTech 2mp 1080p POE cameras, (1) ANPIZ 5mp 4k POE dome camera, (1) EZVIZ 1080p mini-plus. All cameras are ethernet/POE except for the EZVIZ, which is connected via 2.4ghz wifi.

Blue Iris Stuff: BI5. Console open 24/7@15fps. All cameras using direct-to-disk recording. All cameras set to 15fps record rate. All (4) of the Dericam cams, and the EZVIZ are using h.264 and are being hardware accelerated. The remaining are using h.265 and are (of course) not using hardware acceleration. All the 1080p cameras are at 1080p (2.1Mp)/2048 bit rate, and the 4k cams are at 2688x1520 (3.7Mp)/2500 bit rate. The system idles around 24% CPU utilization/2.5gb RAM and with a lot of action maxes out around 50-60%. I'm also using Sentry on all cams.

Think that about covers it. If anyone has any questions or anything, feel free to ask. I know this is probably WAY overkill. but as I stated before, I had a lot of the stuff lying around and figured I'd put it to use!