My Blue Iris will not start

Andreas w

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi suddenly my bi would not start up.. i see logo and its says complete startup.. and then nothing.. I have not update it, its seems to crashed..
How to recover?
I have a backup .. but always easiest to try to solve the problem..

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Blue Iris has awful crash logging which provides almost no information. It is in Windows' Event Viewer if you want to find the crash logs.

Usually when I report crashes to the developer he asks me to try disabling cameras to see if I can narrow down if a specific camera caused it. I do this by temporarily installing an older Blue Iris update that still runs okay and disabling all cameras through their context menus. Then I reinstall the bad BI update and enable one camera at a time. That is how I found version 5.4.3.6 crashed as a result of having certain portrait-view (rotated) cameras enabled.

If your BI started crashing and it was definitely not caused by a Blue Iris update, then something else on your system might have updated to cause it. Or Blue Iris might have crashed at random (it happens regularly on some systems) and corrupted its registry settings or clip database.

Andreas w

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks!! did a Unistall and keep the settings.. everything was there after new installation!! even old recorded materials ;)

2min.. and everything was fine again!!