My florida Cam quit working and Im in Michigan.

dennisoates

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If a friend goes to house and hard wires it, will I be able to access it using the ip number and port number? ( from Michigan outside the LAN

thanks

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
As long as you have the ports forwarded on the camera you will be able to access it.

Do you have a computer going in the Florida place? If so, you can Teamviewer in and set the ports.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I see you've basically asked the same question in two different threads, so I'll repeat here:

If you're in Michigan, and you're trying to access your camera in Florida by typing in a 192.x.x.x number, it's never going to happen. If you've forwarded the port on your router in Florida, then... in Michigan, you'd need to enter the WAN address of the LAN in Florida along with the port number...

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see you've basically asked the same question in two different threads, so I'll repeat here:

If you're in Michigan, and you're trying to access your camera in Florida by typing in a 192.x.x.x number, it's never going to happen. If you've forwarded the port on your router in Florida, then... in Michigan, you'd need to enter the WAN address of the LAN in Florida along with the port number...
And must have portforwarting in router(with port of ip camera).

dennisoates

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I logged into the router and noticed the ip number on the port forward was not the exact as the camera, i changed the 2 digits and now its working, don't know why those numbers changed but anyway its fixed

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If it changed from wireless to wired, that is two completely different network interfaces so it is only natural that they would have different IP addresses.

dennisoates

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, thanks , works great but its slow to load on my iphone.