My Hikvision Cameras Capture Break in Vehicle and Attempt to Enter Home

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think the front door camera would be fine for a face shot. Hope they recognize the character

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Scary to see to say the least. Lights on, everyone home, early in the evening. Not typical. However, similar thing happened to us years ago. Burglar entered the property in the middle of the afternoon, my brother at home upstairs. They broke in through the kitchen door, grabbed everything they could including the car keys. Then stole the stereo out of the car. My brother thought it was me coming home, so ignored the sounds downstairs.

Sloppy Joe

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: So far they haven't caught the guy. They showed the video on the news and asked the public for help in identifying the guy. Newscaster commented on how clear the video was....:). If i'd been more careful when I was initially setting up my cams, I would have push the shutter speed higher to cut down the motion blur at night. Live and learn, i guess?

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If someone steps on my porch, Blue Iris sends a "doorbell" sound to my phone w/ a push alert. Dialed in motion detection, masked off areas that triggered false alarms. I get the alert within seconds of someone entering the frame.

That's been working so well that last night I set it to text me a photo. It's surprisingly just as fast and keeps me from opening BI to see who's there.

View attachment 6257View attachment 6258
I'd love to use the push alert and photo texting. Where can I find/enable these in the BI screens/menus? Many thanks.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If someone steps on my porch, Blue Iris sends a "doorbell" sound to my phone w/ a push alert. Dialed in motion detection, masked off areas that triggered false alarms. I get the alert within seconds of someone entering the frame.

That's been working so well that last night I set it to text me a photo. It's surprisingly just as fast and keeps me from opening BI to see who's there.

View attachment 6257View attachment 6258
Thats why I Love BI!! Best notification ever..