My HSDB1 has died... need advice on what to replace it with

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
My doorbell camera has died. I'd like to replace it with something that supports the following features. I would really appreciate advice on what to buy. Thanks!

Must have:
1) Compatible with Blue Iris
2) Will connect to my existing chime
3) Built-in IR

Nice to have:
1) PoE
2) WDR/Backlight control

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My doorbell camera has died. I'd like to replace it with something that supports the following features. I would really appreciate advice on what to buy. Thanks!

Must have:
1) Compatible with Blue Iris
2) Will connect to my existing chime
3) Built-in IR

Nice to have:
1) PoE
2) WDR/Backlight control
If you want to revive your Hik DB, from our 101:

TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS:
SOLID RED BUTTON LIGHT; = BRICKED!!! (UPDATE: We have a solution to fix bricked DBs, try this by - Skinah or argus) (So Far (as of August 2020) THREE people to date has been able to recover their Doorbell past this point/problem, see usafltg)
LIST of BRICKS:
- COtto1984 (EZVIZ (DB1) Owner upgraded to LaView's firmware); acmonster (RCA (HSDB2A) Owner upgraded to Nelly's firmware); rkulp89 (RCA (HSDB2A) Owner upgraded with Nelly's firmware - Replaced DB with EZVIZ (DB1); elvisthedj (RCA (HSDB2A) Owner upgraded with Nelly's firmware); jrinco11 (RCA (HSDB2A) Owner upgraded with Nelly's firmware); cba123 (EZVIZ (DB1) Owner upgraded to Hikvision's firmware 200321 via EZVIZ's firmware 190304) SUCCESS: cba123

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you want to revive your Hik DB, from our 101:
Thanks! That's some great info. My doorbell camera looks different from the one in your 101. I figure it is time for an upgrade anyway, so I'm hoping someone can suggest a good replacement. I appreciate the reply.

1626697213884.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks! That's some great info. My doorbell camera looks different from the one in your 101. I figure it is time for an upgrade anyway, so I'm hoping someone can suggest a good replacement. I appreciate the reply.

View attachment 95575
That looks like the first Gen Hikvision. There are two more versions after that, the third Gen. seems to be popular now...they check off everything on your list except no POE. If I remember reading right, the first Gen had ONVIF support. The third Gen. does not, if that is important to you. The second Gen does, that is the Hikvision DS-HD1 does. The third Gen is DB1C, from EZVIZ, which is a Hikvision company...There are a few Threads you may want to check out...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, there are probably several other similar Doorbells out there...be sure to look for RTSP support for BI...