My Intel Skylake Core i3-6100 System Build

SpinnerRow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Intel Skylake Core i3-6100 3.7ghz, 8gb ram using a Gigabyte GA-H110M-A LGA 1151 mATX motherboard. I have two 2mp, 4mm Nellys NSC-202-BT running at, 20fps, 8192kbps continuous with hardware acceleration on.

CPU Passmark is 5334 and it is running a bit less than 20% with less than 700mb of ram used. I may add at most two more cameras but that will be it. I could have run this on an i5-NUC pretty easily I think. The Blue Iris app is pretty cool as well.

Admittedly I have no idea what I'm doing with this thing yet but so far so good!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
With that usage I doubt you have direct to disk enabled in BI. You should enable this as it will save CPU time and therefore electricity costs, as well as keep your video quality from being reduced by the recording process. It must be turned on individually for each camera in the camera properties, Record tab, Video file format and compression button.

SpinnerRow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With that usage I doubt you have direct to disk enabled in BI. You should enable this as it will save CPU time and therefore electricity costs, as well as keep your video quality from being reduced by the recording process. It must be turned on individually for each camera in the camera properties, Record tab, Video file format and compression button.
You're right I didn't have it on. Turning it on dropped it to 14%. Thanks!