My system equipment

dhenzler

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am running BI5 on a HP DL380g7 server. Using ESXi VMware to permit me to have Windows 10 for BI and also run Linux Mint for a webserver. I also loaded Windows 7 for easy access to some of the software that comes with cameras... I turn this on and off as necessary. Only using about 20% of my server capability. I have dual 73GB drives for boot and a pair of 500GB drives for BI storage. I can keep quite a bit on these... ESXi is a "thin" client so uses very little of the resources. I have dual Xeon CPU's with 8 cores each for a total of 16 cores, 32 threads. I have 32GB of memory in the machine. Server memory is cheap and available.. so why not? I may upgrade the two 500GB drives to a pair of 1TB drives down the road. But for now this works great. I have 4 cameras on the system, 3 of which are PTZ.

One standard ol cam that watches my chicken coop. We have a couple foxes on the property, but so far they don't seem interested in chicken, or eggs. The other three cams are for security on my Skeet Range and property perimeter.

Attachments