NEED ADVICE: Have set - Want something better!!

Reaction score
When I purchased my house 5 years ago, I wants cameras and bought a basic Swann set off Amazon (see below)
- Swann SWDVK-825508C-US 8-Channel Digital Video Recorder with Smartphone Viewing and 8x ADS-180 Cameras
Amazon.com : Swann SWDVK-825508C-US 8-Channel Digital Video Recorder with Smartphone Viewing and 8x ADS-180 Cameras (Black) : Complete Surveillance Systems : Camera & Photo

The equipment set up was easy and I needed tech support to setup DVR, remote view from laptop and iPhone view application. The kit is OK.

PRO
1) View and play back ability from laptop, not being physically plugged into the DVR
2) iPhone live watch capability

CON
1) Technical setup (spent a couple hours with tech support)
2) iPhone app is hit or miss
3) Camera quality is grainy. Id say 6/10 during the day and 1/10 at night

I've accepted the fact that the cameras are junk and should be replaced. Should I buy another complete kit and start fresh or just replace the cameras?

What's I'd like to have is....

1) Something that last forever (or a long time)
2) Quality cameras that allow for night view even with low/no light
3) Ability to watch playback from laptop without being plugged into DVR
4) Would like iPhone live watch but not a necessity
5) Output to smaller TV in house that displays cameras 24/7 so I can quickly see what's going on without opening any apps.

At the end of the day, I just want a solid set that works and at a minimum lets be go back and see recording if something happens. Thanks for your help!!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.