Need advice on camera

Dutchlincoln

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Hikvision setup with 6 cameras for different purposes. All fixed.

Now, i have a frond yard of approx. 20ft, where we park our car. This yard ends on the street, and its allowed to park in the yard.

However, every now and then, i find a nail, a screw, a paper pinch, etcetera, always something sharp to go right into your tire.
In the past, we had many leak tires, and i became very observant of what lies on the street.
Today, i found another pinch again, wich definately 100% sure wasnt there yesterday. Reason i know, is because i am renovating my frontyard and worked there yesterday all day, and i've broomed the street (to prevent a missed screw ending up into my tire). So, i know it was brand clean yesterday, and today, i find a bright green paper pinch. (you know, to hold a poster or a paper on some softboard, often used at scools and offices.)

i tried to take a look with my cameras, put its too small to destinguish... Nothing found on that spot, but i cant see it appearing also, as its too small to see.

Does anyone have a good advise on how to put a cam on it, wich cam, and how to install? (eg. pointed at street, megapixels, etcetera.)

id love to have a razersharp pinhole that i can put into my wooden fence or something.

thanks!

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I doubt you will find anything with high enough resolution to see nails in the street from your house. Unless you have something zoomed in 24/7 to that spot on the street. Maybe consider a mailbox mounted camera as others have done. You might have a better chance of seeing something this way.

Or were you suspecting sabotage, and you are trying to find out who is dropping nails in the street? That should be easy enough by looking at motion clips throughout the day.

Dutchlincoln

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
both actually. I was hoping i could find something thats been added (luggage, the nail) I DO suspect faul play /sabotage indeed. A year and a half ago i got a large scratch on my car parked in the street also. (btw: i do have oce camera zoomed in, but its at the parking spots across the street, specially for this reason.)

Cameras do work by the way. In my portion of the street, as good as nothing happens, and across the whole village i hear and read some perculiar issues sometimes.

Oh, did i mention that one neighbor from a street behind us stole the trailer of my neighbor, got caught on cam, was arrested and fined? My neighbor has a cam connected to my nvr now as well... :)

Dutchlincoln

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, today its bingo again.. My wife just called me she has a low pressure tire. Im almost 100% sure that if i inspect it this afternoon, i will find a nail or a screw in it.

Please help me on how to solve this. Apparently theres someone that takes pleasure in destroying my properties... All the tires the past 15 years would buy you a nice car today....

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't understand. 20 feet is nothing to see a person involved.

You say that you "look with your cams" trying to see the objects so you must have some pointed to that area now?

Have you reviewed the footage from the time as suggested above for a person?

Dutchlincoln

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi,
Yes, i looked, but i dont see anything that looks like it.
The main problem is, when someone walks over there, and drops a screw from his pocket on the other side of the cams, i cant see it..
Also, due the fact that i cant destinguish the screw itself, i cannot determine a before and after period.
I cant go checking weeks of footage, its a daytime job, and even then its hughly unlikely that i see the "act"itself.

What is someone thwows a screw from the other side, or from a blind spot? its not doable...

Dutchlincoln

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hereby to make it a bit more clear. These are the 3 cams i can see the front with. Its about the spot where the white car is parked.cam1.jpgcam2.jpgcam3.jpg