Need help getting RTSP and username password for rebranded Hikvision to uniden APPCAM 40 PT

Nsshield

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought 5 hikvision rebranded to Uniden cameras after seeing that they had suported protocols of RTSP.

I'm stuck at trying to find the RTSP link and username and password. I also want to log into the actual camera in web browser but the username and password I have used is not working nor are the codes that are on the box.

I am able to use the app but its threw the internet when I want to use the cameras offline and with 3rd party apps.

I have used wireshark to try and sniff out the RTSP url but it's only Sniffing out port 80 port 443 info.

I called Uniden and their response is in the posted attachments along with Unidens False/misleading and deceptive advertising since they are saying they will not give me the info for RTSP when it clearly says on the retail box and on their site it supports RTSP.

Also I don't really know about it being 1080p camera as Hikvision model number it comes up with shows it's only a 720p

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Last edited:

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You most likely need to enable ISAPI on the camera via the webGUI and create a user account to access the RTSP stream.
Have you tried admin/123456 or admin/12345678 as the default logins?
Is there a reset button next to the Ethernet plug?

Nsshield

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply back StewartM,

I know I'm replying back almost 3 months later passwords did not work.

Uniden actually sent their lawyers after me and ordered me to cease and desist any and all talks about uniden and their products being falsely advertised.

Here is my review on Uniden and Uniden's Lawyers (there is more to the review so you will need to read the review over on Facebook)
Uniden and Uniden's Lawyers are now refusing to speak with me and their Lawyers have even blocked my email address from emailing their firm.

1 Demand_Letter.png

You most likely need to enable ISAPI on the camera via the webGUI and create a user account to access the RTSP stream.
Have you tried admin/123456 or admin/12345678 as the default logins?
Is there a reset button next to the Ethernet plug?