Need help regarding 4mp ip cameras

Reaction score
I need hikvision 4mp ip cameras for my indoor showroom. I am skeptical between DS-2CD2143G2-IU acusense or DS-2CD1347G0-L(UF) colorvu camera. One is dome and latter is turret. Which one should I prefer ??
ps: thanks in advance

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd go with the latter, the turret form factor. Domes are subject to many issues such as dome becoming foggy when dusts sticks to it after fog, or UV fogging up the plastic or IR reflection into the sensor from the dome. They demand much more periodic cleaning than a turret does.

But both of those 4MP cams will have poor nighttime performance with their small 1/3" sensors which is barely workable for a 2MP camera. Go with at least the larger 1/1.8" sensor for a 4MP camera, which will cost more but will be worth it if you care for good performance at night or in reduced lighting.

Ideal-sensor-size-to-megapixel.png

Reaction score
I'd go with the latter, the turret form factor. Domes are subject to many issues such as dome becoming foggy when dusts sticks to it after fog, or UV fogging up the plastic or IR reflection into the sensor from the dome. They demand much more periodic cleaning than a turret does.

But both of those 4MP cams will have poor nighttime performance with their small 1/3" sensors which is barely workable for a 2MP camera. Go with at least the larger 1/1.8" sensor for a 4MP camera, which will cost more but will be worth it if you care for good performance at night or in reduced lighting.

View attachment 160806
ok..thanks...but turret or dome if used in indoor and not need for night time..another thing does 20 fps (turret) of 25 fps (dome) inferior for later viewing.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ok..thanks...but turret or dome if used in indoor and not need for night time..another thing does 20 fps (turret) of 25 fps (dome) inferior for later viewing.
Either form factor OK for indoor.
Seldom is anything faster (higher) than 15fps required, so again either will be OK.