Need help with DM-SCB405IP-V10-E camera- missing system parameters

K46tank

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a DM-SCB405IP-V10-E camera that, when I log into the IE web interface and click on Configuration, System, Device Information everything is blank- see the screenshot I've attached. The screenshot was taken with my phone but I've logged in using two different laptops and a desktop and have the same result.

Would a firmware upgrade possibly fix this and, if so, how do I determine the version of the camera since all of the info is blank. I do know the serial # if that would help.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

EyePeeKamz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a DM-SCB405IP-V10-E camera that, when I log into the IE web interface and click on Configuration, System, Device Information everything is blank- see the screenshot I've attached. The screenshot was taken with my phone but I've logged in using two different laptops and a desktop and have the same result.

Would a firmware upgrade possibly fix this and, if so, how do I determine the version of the camera since all of the info is blank. I do know the serial # if that would help.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Are you using compatibility view in IE? If you aren't, you should give that a try.

K46tank

n3wb
Reaction score
Are you using compatibility view in IE? If you aren't, you should give that a try.
That did the trick! I've been pulling out my hair trying to figure out the problem and it never occurred to me to try Compatibility Mode. I had logged in with my old laptop running Windows XP that I usually use for these cameras and then tried a desktop running Windows 8 and my new laptop running Windows 10 and none worked. I was beginning to think it was a bad camera.

K46tank

n3wb
Reaction score
In SADP is this ip camera?
It doesn't show in SADP, that is another reason I was suspecting a bad camera or at least a not fully programmed from the factory.

After running IE Compatibility Mode I can now see the video and adjust the parameters but it still is not shown in SADP. I suspect my Windows Firewall and/or antivirus is probably blocking it.

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This seems like an ip ip camera mini ptz huisun v1.
You can put pictures as an ip camera and screenshot device information ?

EyePeeKamz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That did the trick! I've been pulling out my hair trying to figure out the problem and it never occurred to me to try Compatibility Mode. I had logged in with my old laptop running Windows XP that I usually use for these cameras and then tried a desktop running Windows 8 and my new laptop running Windows 10 and none worked. I was beginning to think it was a bad camera.
Nice. That setting has been the answer to a lot of issues for a lot of things.

It doesn't show in SADP, that is another reason I was suspecting a bad camera or at least a not fully programmed from the factory.

After running IE Compatibility Mode I can now see the video and adjust the parameters but it still is not shown in SADP. I suspect my Windows Firewall and/or antivirus is probably blocking it.
I've had issues with certain cameras not showing up in SADP as well. The resolution for me was to try a different version of SADP.