Need help with gDMSS on smartphone and WiFi direct ONLY at home. 4G connects fine.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Had this a while and can't solve it. Have a Samsung J3 Mission Smartphone with WIFI Direct calling. It can connect to WIFI at home, but while connected and trying to use gDMSS to connect to my NVR, the connection to the NVR/cameras always fails. If I disconnect from WIFI calling, and just use 4G, it connects fine. But problem is only at my house! If I use my phone with WIFI calling at my son's house miles away, it connects to my NVR & cameras at my home. So there's no firewall blocking my phone, otherwise it wouldn't connect while at my son's house. Only thing I can think of is the phone at home trying to go out (with the internet connection) then coming back to the same place is interfering. Anyone know a solution?

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Could use some suggestions on this.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You're probably port forwarding your NVR and the IP address you entered in the gdmss profile is the external WAN IP of your home connection.

Your NVR probably has a LAN IP (at home) if something like 192.168.1.108.

Simple fix is to enter a second profile "Home" into gdmss and give it your internal IP address. Then switch to that profile when you are at home.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You're probably port forwarding your NVR and the IP address you entered in the gdmss profile is the external WAN IP of your home connection.

Your NVR probably has a LAN IP (at home) if something like 192.168.1.108.

Simple fix is to enter a second profile "Home" into gdmss and give it your internal IP address. Then switch to that profile when you are at home.
Yep, that's what I did, had mentioned it in another post and solved it..was one of these duh moments. Quick question on another issue. I bought one of these 5442-z4E cameras from Andy with an RCA connector for a speaker and RCA connector for a mic on the camera. From my smartphone using GDMSS I can hear the camera's mic audio, and it records the audio to the NVR also. But when I speak into the phone, it always wants to play audio over the NVR, not over the camera. On the NVR, one of the 5216-16P-4ks2 models, there's no menu to switch audio locations. Any ideas?