Need help with port forwarding please

CCTVIPMAN

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am new to ip cams and port forwarding so will appreciate your help.

I have a nvr at my property and a couple of IPcams at my business (5 miles apart) what i wish to connect to my nvr using port forwarding
now for the first cam i forwarded port 8000 80 and 554 (i was told by hikvision staff to forward these ports) and that started to get the cam up and runing on my nvr at home.

now the problem i have is i am trying to add another cam, i have been told by hikvision staff i would need to forward port 8001 81 and 1025 for the second cam. as advised i have forwarded these ports but having no luck.

could anyone on here help me sort this problem or guide me in the right direction.

all this ports business is new to me.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am new to ip cams and port forwarding so will appreciate your help.

I have a nvr at my property and a couple of IPcams at my business (5 miles apart) what i wish to connect to my nvr using port forwarding
now for the first cam i forwarded port 8000 80 and 554 (i was told by hikvision staff to forward these ports) and that started to get the cam up and runing on my nvr at home.

now the problem i have is i am trying to add another cam, i have been told by hikvision staff i would need to forward port 8001 81 and 1025 for the second cam. as advised i have forwarded these ports but having no luck.

could anyone on here help me sort this problem or guide me in the right direction.

all this ports business is new to me.
The nvr should tell you what port the camera is using. Simply forward that port.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
jfire, he's trying to connect a second cam to his nvr, but the cam is out on the internet behind a firewall at his business, i think.

since the external connection into your remote business location is all at one IP address (as determined by your ISP,)
hikvision guys are correct that you need to use different ports.

the first cam is using the default ports 800, 80 and 554, so you need to use other ports when connecting to the second cam from outside.

on your business/cam location router, you want to forward port 8001 to internal cam IP/port 8000, ext port 81 to internal cam IP/port 80, and ext port 1025 to int IP/545.
(those external ports are all arbitrary really. you just need to map external to internal, whatever they are)

that all assumes your router lets you change ports passing thru (mine doesn't).
If not, you also need to change the ports used by the camera (in the cam's gui)
on the internal network so you can map them one-to-one at the router.

hope that all make sense.

and make sure you've got good passwords set on those cams...

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is what Point to Point VPN Bridges are for.. wont expose your cameras to the internet, will encrypt all the data transiting the internet, and it'll be entirely transparent to your IPCamera system.. for all your NVR will know the cameras are on a local, non-routable network.

its simpler and scales better, its the same if you have 1 camera or 100 cameras on the remote network..